179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 30
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I like the idea of a lifetime membership option.  I have been visiting this neighborhood for a while and don't plan to stop any time soon.  I, like some of the others, would be sensitive to price. 

5 years for the price of 4 is also a fantastic option I would surely sign up for when next I was up for renewal. 

Card Carrying member of the "Majority Order of the Bell Curve".

2. #22 / 30
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>5 years for the price of 4 is also a fantastic option I would surely sign up for when next I was up for renewal. 

My wife and I would sign up at that rate also.

3. #23 / 30
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

wow, seems I've missed out after taking a month hiatus (my longest since the site's inception!).

as a quick note: i understand where boris is coming from; but would like to add to beric and whomever's poinrt. these types of discussions are precisely why this site has flourished. we as a vocal community fumble through ideas - sometimes weeding them out or otherwise determining they weren't a good idea; other times solidifying something that tom chooses to implement. in all cases i think tom has appreciated the effort we take to come up with ideas. he can pick and choose from those ideas if he likes or go whatever way he chooses. there have been times in the past where he's not cared for the direction of the convos and asked for things to be handled in other ways or to cease and desist (cheating anyone?). 

So i'd say carry on with whatever topics we care to come up with that may help the site to be more successful. tom will either ignore it, do something with it or ask us to stop. I refuse live my life playing the part of "let status quo be until asked for something new" and won't do that here either. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #24 / 30
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I have no problems with discussing options, especially since it would fill a need for some international customers (which is where the discussion initiated), but I think as soon as people started discussing the financials is where the group has over stepped the boundary.

EDIT: I've moved my economics rant to a new forum post:
    http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/3481p1

....so as not to hijack this discussion.  I accept that I'm in minority, so I'll let the rest of you's  (yes, I said you's) continue this discussion further.

Edited Thu 9th Jan 10:24 [history]

5. #25 / 30
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

don't back out Boris, we need that side of the coin too!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #26 / 30
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Personally I would welcome a "lifetime" membership. It shows faith in the site that is it offered.. but lets be frank, the evolving internet means it is highly unlikely any site will last 10 years.

People nattering on about "inheriting" usernames an other such faff are really talking about situations that might occur once in a million an really aren't worth discussing here. I think a lifetime membership should cost about 2 years worth of membership. It encourages a community to develop on a more long term basis.. something which can only be a good thing for the time to continue.

7. #27 / 30
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

fyi -  Tom added a 5 year $99 option.

8. #28 / 30
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Well that is just about perfect IMO. I'll buy it after payday as a treat to myself (assuming i hit my bonus).

9. #29 / 30
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Cool!  Do we get an upgraded badge?   ;)

10. #30 / 30
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That would make it worth it alone :)

Off Topic!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)