183 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member joe998
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hey out there. I have just glanced at the forum page for the first time. I have been playing games here at wargear for a while. love the game, I am interested in improving my gameplay, and chatting strategy with players I have played or will play. I do not have a great rating, but I think this has more to do with the kinds of games I join. I tend to look for players who are better than me. As in chess the more challenging the game the more you learn. Anyway, just dropping my two cents in. see if I get a response.

" To the victor goes the spoils, yet only from defeat can we emerge victorious "

Sanctimonious right!

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Welcome on the forum. It's a good place to discuss strategy. See u on the battle fields. 

3. #3 / 5
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Hi joe -

Your post prompted me to look for games we played together.

Looking at this one on the Hawaii board:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/285241

Your first turn is on turn 210 and you proceed to waste most of your units with low-probability attacks.  One of them worked when you did a d5/d6 2v2, but most of them did not.  (Red comes back on his next turn and does the same sort of thing also)

A general suggestion from this - only do those kind of attacks when you really need to, most of the time it is better to conserve your units.  Especially on a board like this where unit counts never get real high.

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Hi joe -

Your post prompted me to look for games we played together.

Looking at this one on the Hawaii board:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/285241

Your first turn is on turn 210 and you proceed to waste most of your units with low-probability attacks.  One of them worked when you did a d5/d6 2v2, but most of them did not.  (Red comes back on his next turn and does the same sort of thing also)

A general suggestion from this - only do those kind of attacks when you really need to, most of the time it is better to conserve your units.  Especially on a board like this where unit counts never get real high.

+1 The toughest thing I had to learn was NOT attack.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Anytime you got questions I would first hit the strategy forum. Start a new thread titled, "What's the best strategy for ___ map? or ___ situation?"  My first 6 months on here I started like half the threads.

And, you'll get a ton of advise (95% gold). You can also browse or keyword search the strategy forums and you'd be surprised how many questions have been answered once before.

Another good time is after a map has ended to ask the winner/top ranked on there what you should have done differently.  Careful asking during a game, because there's an incentive to shade the truth.

Never hurts to watch replays of the top players in action to see what they do on different maps.  Cona and Andernut are especially sneaky and interesting to watch, Hugh is super logical,  Luieuil is a master of the big map, and Black dog just wins... a lot.

Did I miss anything?

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)