218 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 41
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Now that there is a 5 year option for premium membership, how's that going to work?  Would you receive 150 days with limits as to how many you can  use per year? 

Card Carrying member of the "Majority Order of the Bell Curve".

2. #22 / 41
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Patton wrote:

Now that there is a 5 year option for premium membership, how's that going to work?  Would you receive 150 days with limits as to how many you can  use per year? 

I'm showing 59 days available, so I certainly didn't get 150 days in a lump.  I assume I got 30, and will be interested to see if I get another 30 automatically next year.

On your previous point, look at it this way: 3 month and 12 month Premium memberships both cost $1 per vacation day.  ;)

3. #23 / 41
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

NewlyIdle wrote:
    Patton wrote:

I'm showing 59 days available, so I certainly didn't get 150 days in a lump.  I assume I got 30, and will be interested to see if I get another 30 automatically next year.

On your previous point, look at it this way: 3 month and 12 month Premium memberships both cost $1 per vacation day.  ;)

I will be curious too, if you get a 30 day dump per year on your anniversary.  Your second point is fair, I hadn't looked at it that way, thank you. 

4. #24 / 41
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Patton wrote:

Five years only gets 60 days which is the same as the maximum vacation days any player can accrue.

This probably needs to go up for 5 year options... my concern with 150 days is that you could block out almost 6 months. I don't really want to limit the usage per year, that's a backwards step to how it was before.

5. #25 / 41
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

How about automatically crediting 30 days on each anniversary?

6. #26 / 41
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

I just noticed that if you end your Vacation for the current day then the day is not refunded however the log for the day is also removed/not shown.  Previously the current day would not count until the day actually passed, so I'm not sure if the issue is with the count or the log list or anything...so possibly just an fyi for if/when the question gets asked.

It's fixed so that the vacation displays the current day when you cancel an in-progress vacation. This is to avoid gaming the vacation system by putting in a vacation for the current day then cancelling just before midnight :)

7. #27 / 41
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

so you're saying i can no longer:

realize one morning that i can't make it to the PC until after supper (but have a timeout going to happen at lunch) and so turn vaca on until i take that turn after food, then turn vaca off

does this scenario eat up a full day's worth of vacation? 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #28 / 41
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

It does now it seems.  I admit to pulling that trick in the past on occasion.

9. #29 / 41
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Guilty...{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Ad Extremum Omnia Sunt Limosus

10. #30 / 41
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I am with Amidon37.  A 30 day deposit into your vacation bank on your anniversary seems fair.  That way you get the 150 that 5 one year memberships would provide, but not all at once where issues may arise.  Total reserves not to exceed 60 days.

11. #31 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Raptor wrote:

Guilty...{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Same here...hence how I noticed the change {#emotions_dlg.razz}

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

12. #32 / 41
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Patton wrote:

I am with Amidon37.  A 30 day deposit into your vacation bank on your anniversary seems fair.  That way you get the 150 that 5 one year memberships would provide, but not all at once where issues may arise.  Total reserves not to exceed 60 days.

Agreed, makes sense and is fair.

13. #33 / 41
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

there's no option to 'end vacation' early. should be able to in order to join games if you have a game cap.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

14. #34 / 41
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

there's no option to 'end vacation' early. should be able to in order to join games if you have a game cap.

Yes there is one. I always use it as I enter longer vacation than planned just in case something happens.

15. #35 / 41
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

Toto is correct, but make sure you're up-to-date on your turns for that entire day before ending your vacation!  

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

16. #36 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Looks like you can't End it if it is on the last day of the Vacation...I just added that to this support thread here: http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/3633/Cant_end_vacation_early

17. #37 / 41
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ah was looking for that thread. thanks Y.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

18. #38 / 41
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Looks like you can't End it if it is on the last day of the Vacation...I just added that to this support thread here: http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/3633/Cant_end_vacation_early

That's intentional - before there was a workaround where you could start your vacation and as long as you ended it before midnight you didn't consume a vacation day.

19. #39 / 41
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

That's intentional - before there was a workaround where you could start your vacation and as long as you ended it before midnight you didn't consume a vacation day.

I noticed I sometimes seemed to save vacation sometimes this way but I didn't plan it and doubt it can really be abused in a way that makes other players suffer.   It always felt like a little bonus as I already have to struggle with whether to use vacation on a busy week-end or not since in general I can only get on once a day during some week-ends and that leads to skips if > 24 hours.

20. #40 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:
    tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

I noticed I sometimes seemed to save vacation sometimes this way but I didn't plan it and doubt it can really be abused in a way that makes other players suffer.   It always felt like a little bonus as I already have to struggle with whether to use vacation on a busy week-end or not since in general I can only get on once a day during some week-ends and that leads to skips if > 24 hours.

I concur.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)