1. #21 / 28
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    berickf wrote:

That's awesome Cram!

So, if I understand correctly, all I need to do is to make a fill map that has a dot off screen that will cause the board to become temporarily extended for the design process and fully useful in the designer.  Erase the dot and all the territories put in that transparency slide off screen... Brilliant!  A make your own 'sand box' which can be switched on and off as the designer requires, simply by switching out the fill images!

Thanks a lot!

Erick

I think this was my suggestion (Post #15) Although I don't see a need to "erase"the dot if you pull the image. - so maybe it isn't my suggestion..

Also - (as Cram suggested) - technically you don't even have to upload an oversized image if you are willing to just drag territory markers off the board.

My thinking was that by uploading an oversized image, then replacing to the game size, that I'd be creating an orderly workspace that could be opened and closed at will.  Seeing as I have 300 off-screen territories that might need future revisions it seemed like a good idea to make a big workspace rather then just dragging and dropping them off the side of the planet! Yes?

2. #22 / 28
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

berickf wrote:
    Seeing as I have 300 off-screen territories that might need future revisions it seemed like a good idea to make a big workspace rather then just dragging and dropping them off the side of the planet! Yes?

Yes, as like Cram said (and when I was testing it out earlier) it's not easy to select the territories when they aren't actually on your image.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

3. #23 / 28
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

..and you can label and document right on the workspace. E.g., you could make it  copy of your map so all relationships are there ..if that helped.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

4. #24 / 28
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks a lot everyone!

I think I just finished my first board!  See it here: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/5120/About

I will start some development games tomorrow to see how it plays and will invite any of you if you're interested?

Thanks again!

Erick

5. #25 / 28
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sounds like fun!

6. #26 / 28
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Please invite me!

7. #27 / 28
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm Interested. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

8. #28 / 28
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Korrun, Ozy and ratsy! 

I have messaged you the links for the development games I just launched.  If anyone else wants to give them a go and help in their development, I'd appreciate that very much and you can find their links here: http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/3296p1

Erick

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)