178 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Every so often I see team games.  I don't often join because I don't want to wind up on a horrible team.  (I've seen things like teammates reinforcing themselves one out from their border, right where YOU need to conquer to finish YOUR continent!  That's not teamwork...)  However because I don't often play team games, nobody ever asks me to play with them.  Conversely I simply assume that other people already have people that they would like to play with, and so don't ask others to play with me.

How do others avoid this impasse?

2. #2 / 11
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Join a random team. Or make a team and see who joins it.  Your a pretty good player btilly, and I think some quality players would like to be teammates with you.  The only way to find a good team is to put yourself out there and try some.  

And consider the board, and the players that play alot of games on those boards.  If your playing antastic, someone who's won a handful of those antastic tournaments would be a winning teammate *probably =;0)* 

Also, try to pick people who play at your level, or just slightly above, this make for the most exciting team play.  I've been on a team with Amidon37 in a tourney for like a year now, and I think we have a groove - or a rut - but it's fun, none the less. 

I just joined that...

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Well, lots of people play above my level.  And I've had a horrible streak recently.

But I guess I'll try entering several team games, see who joins me.

4. #4 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

sometimes i try to coordinate with someone i know to be a good teammate via PM or
    sometimes only join teams with ppl i know are decent. 
    but most of the time i just join and take who comes on board. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 11
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Same as w'top

Suggestions have been made about how to improve the process -

Team games are fun, but bad teammates abound.

6. #6 / 11
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'm not playing as many tourneys now, but I usually see who's already on the teams, and if there is a team with good people.

If I don't see anyone I message people who I know from regular team games that are pretty good at teaming.  Or, think of people who have good communication when doing in game alliances in regular games.

The biggest issue is communication. Normally so-so players can be fantastic teammates because they are willing to discuss and brainstorm moves ahead of time.  

I can think of at least a dozen people I would team with happily. Should we start a list of people who team / communicate well?

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

7. #7 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

that would be great. i keep forgetting to make notes of those who were good...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member Luieuil
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

My strategie is to just join a team and hope for the best. In a teamgame you make decisions coöperative, so It doesn't really matters who I'm playing with.

You can alweays PM me for a teamgame if you need a partner.

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter" - Winston Churchill

9. #9 / 11
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If someone kicks my ass in a game, i'll usually invite them to be on a team with me. If they can beat me, I know they are a worthy partner. Also, the more I play, the more I get to know "the regulars" an know any of those will be valuable partners.

I recently joined a tournament blind (random partners) an one ditched straight away, so the tournament has been shit as every gave we are 2 V 3 V 3.. so hopeless.

If you can't beat them, join them!

Off Topic!

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Luieuil wrote:

My strategie is to just join a team and hope for the best. In a teamgame you make decisions coöperative, so It doesn't really matters who I'm playing with.

You can alweays PM me for a teamgame if you need a partner.

I just took a new job, so am short on time.  But when I have time I'd love to.

I am sure that I'd learn a lot from you.

11. #11 / 11
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I was starting to make a “teammates” list when I realized that pretty much everyone in the top 30 on either the Champ or Global list that I had played with were pretty good communicators, which makes sense.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but other players who’ve been good teammates:

Thingol

Musashi

Big Ady

Patton

Ivanfly

Rad-Warrior

Aduse

Aiken Drumn

Piker944

Piker78

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)