0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thoughts on 7 Wonders strategies?

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

2. #2 / 7
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It Sounds short but:

Take a wonder.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Lol, I guessed that. I was wondering how best to leverage.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Fro what I've seen so far, it seems best to never let your opponent take a continent. They have good connectivity, so your never stuck for a way to stop the other guy from producing a bonus.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

-Avoid placing units on territories that can be attacked from the colossus.

-Own the colossus. 

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member sportlust
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

My strategy as top ranked on 7 wonders (at this moment). Well, first my response to the current answers:

- Take a wonder --> nope, maybe on later stages of the game. Only the Mausoleum in the early stage (easy to attack and gives -1 to opponents)

- Stop your opponent taking a continent --> yes and no, depends on placement. When most of  your territories are near the continent that is taken by an opponent, than yes. But for instance when you aim on Egypt, its not really a problem when someone else takes Greece.  

- Own the colossus --> Nope, hard to get, not worth it. Just make sure no other player takes it.

My Strategy:

1) My basic strategy is to first go for a continent.

Like most games, go for a continent where you have several territories in or at least around it. Wait with attacking other players until you have enough troops to take it and defend it. Just placing troops sometimes is best on the first or first 2 turns. No need to attack to gain a card, card sets are not worth it.

2) Once you have the continent depending on that particular game you could do the following:

defend the continent, go for a wonder in that continent, stop your opponents so dont let them have a wonder or continent.

3) End game

Stay focused on where opponents are, so that you can go for elimination when someone is weakened enough, this can be the deciding move when there are 2 strong players left with 1 or more continents/wonders and 1 or 2 weaker players. Because of the cards you capture + the elimination bonus.

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm glad you weighed in. I think I'm close to the lowest ranked player on that board... it's little too, I think attacking too much can be quite detrimental.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)