1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BTPage_1.pngBTPage_2.pngBTBorders.pngBT_Bonuses1.pngBTBonuses2.png

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet
    Edited Thu 15th Nov 17:29 [history]

2. #2 / 22
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Holy (Insert Deity) that looks complicated. Idea is super cool. But, I already have a headache trying to follow all that. =D 

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

3. #3 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Nooo! The tutorial is supposed to clear it up!

Well, the board is lots of fun anyway... I just gotta finish one game and it'll go live. And it should be availible in beta if you want to play it.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #4 / 22
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Nice job ratsy -

Edited Mon 12th Nov 22:04 [history]

5. #5 / 22
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Very nice looking tutorial.  I think that will help a lot with this board.

6. #6 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Anyway to update a post without reposting?

7. #7 / 22
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote: Anyway to update a post without reposting?

Nope, at least not after the expiry period - which seems to be somewhere in the 15-30 minute range.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

8. #8 / 22
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Not easily.  You can message Yertle who has this power, but I would try to limit that.

That is why I moved my advanced map editor documentation from a forum thread into its own location on a google site. 

It would be nice if we had an official wargear wiki.  I guess we could always setup an unofficial wargear wiki.

Edited Tue 13th Nov 18:58 [history]

9. #9 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

NOTE:
    1. All Factories in Balance are universal (they add units to territories irregardless of their owner, including neutrals and enemies)

2. All Bonuses are cumulative. (You collect +2 for bottom, +3 for Top and +5 if you own the Entire Yao for a total of +10)

10. #10 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aye, just let me know what you need updated and I can update it (I'm around more often now, so I should be able to respond quicker than in the past).

Wiki's have their pros and cons, it may be kind of cool though if utilized right.

Nice write up ratsy!

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

11. #11 / 22
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So - one could get an AUTOcapture with a DUI? Just seems wrong...

12. #12 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote: So - one could get an AUTOcapture with a DUI? Just seems wrong...

It's Candian. =;0)

13. #13 / 22
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote: NOTE:
    1. All Factories in Balance are universal (they add units to territories irregardless of their owner, including neutrals and enemies)

2. All Bonuses are cumulative. (You collect +2 for bottom, +3 for Top and +5 if you own the Entire Yao for a total of +10)

Okay, cool. I think I may get it now.  So if a player before you takes the Yin/Yang and you have a couple bottom yao's they may get as many troops as you do on your turn. Right?

14. #14 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It's possible, yes. They will for sure get the +2/+1 that go into the YinYang, if they own it. Remember the Bottom Yao autocaptures either the yin or Yang territory, depending, so one of those will be yours...
    Give it a try and play it through once. All will be clear once a few rounds are behind you.

Edited Thu 15th Nov 02:43 [history]

15. #15 / 22
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Okay, cool. Very creative! "Shaka and the walls fell" 

Is it still in Dev? If anyone is running a private game feel free to invite me. 

16. #16 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Public now, have a go! I started an 8 player game you can join.

17. #17 / 22
    Premium Member The Cooler
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I am playing it know for the first time.  Thank you for a great creative board Ratsy.  Besides playing risk I get to learn something new in the process.  It is the basis of Feng Shui, which is the art of balance placement withen a home or office.

Just a side note, the Five Elements, (Fire, Water, Earth, Metal, and Wood), are the basis for Taoist Traditional Chinese Medicine. I use the Five Elements as a diagnostic tool as part of my bodywork practise.

Thanks again for putting this out there Ratsy.

18. #18 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Originally, I was looking for a way to get the I ching or some chung yu into a board, and I came across the Bagua.  

It's also the basis for ancient fortune telling. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

19. #19 / 22
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Quick question, (because it's not quite spelled out), I assume that you have to own the top portion of the Yao in order to then capture the title?  Then after capturing the title you may attack the bottom portion of the Yao?  If this is correct, then I believe I have gotten it..... :)

20. #20 / 22
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

This is true and most Eastern cultures have a version of the Elements as the root to their medicine, spiritual beliefs and day to day existence.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)