179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 28
    Premium Member Livia
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I have an interest in Roman history, which started when I saw "I, Claudius".  My husband played under the name "Claudius" in a first person shooter game.  When I joined the tribe, I joined as "Messalina", one of Claudius' wives.  At some point, my husband stopped using Claudius, and I decided I really didn't want to continue to use the name of such a promiscuous traitor, so I switched to Livia, the wife of the great emperor Augustus.  While no saint, Livia had great influence.

2. #22 / 28
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ironically bestowed upon me long ago when I was a kid by a friend's older brother, in honor of my mad bowling skilz.

3. #23 / 28
    Standard Member RoyalCrown
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Thanks for all the responses guys this is great.

4. #24 / 28
    Brigadier General e e is offline now
    Standard Member e
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I went by Eitamaton on ToS. Eitamaton is a portmanteau of my actual first name and 'automaton'. It is pronounced almost the same as 'automaton' except the first syllable of 'Eitamaton' is pronounced as 'eight'. Also, when I tell people my actual first name they almost always think that it is spelled 'aton'. Further, 'automaton' is an excellent self-characterization.

I shortened it to 'e' on wargear for a couple reasons. One is that the abbreviations for Eitamaton are not great, so I just decided to go full minimalist with it and make it easier on everybody involved. Two is that I am a mathematician and e is a well-known number (though it doesn't have much of anything to do with the profile picture).

Edited Mon 12th Nov 10:53 [history]

5. #25 / 28
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

wow.  All I thought about originally was a rave... thanks for the explanation.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #26 / 28
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Lol, I guessed that too until I teamed with him. Way to analytical for a rave kid.  =)

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

7. #27 / 28
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was just searching through the forums and found this thread...though I'd resurrect it.

A long time ago, when I was a kid, my friends and I created a Call of Duty clan named AFRO for whatever reason...we were kids...so I started using that pretty regularly in other games. Fast forward to my college years -- a group of my friends and I went to Panama to help build a camp for kids and all the locals couldn't pronounce my name properly, calling me Daby instead. It became a nickname for me and after a short while I combined AFRO and Daby to become AfroDaby as my online/game moniker.

8. #28 / 28
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

This is a great thread to resurrect, good call, AfroDaby!

My Dad's heritage is Nicaraguan, that's where I grew up, and where I go back every two years or so. Nica is just shorthand for Nicaraguense or Nicaraguan.

Chele is "Blond" in Nicaraguan Spanish, and I've always been called Chele by my Dad and by complete strangers on the street. Nowdays, I get called "Pelon" (baldy) more than Chele, but Chele has been with me a lot longer.

I tried getting CheleNica for e-mail addresses and other user names, but there are a lot of Chele Nicas out there, I've always been to late to grab onto it, that is, till I arrived here :)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)