0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123456789   (9 in total)
  1. #41 / 179
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Probably need to update the Player page a bit to include some info about the Native player.

Including the explanation on where it does/does not work that Tom gave here:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2574/Native_Player_updates

post 5

2. #42 / 179
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Toto wrote:
    AttilaTheHun wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Tournament Rankings: http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Tournament%20Rankings and http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Tournament%20Basics

Should have been more specific: Tournament Rankings for Round Robin and Swiss System

Especially tie breakers : H2H, SODOS...

Aye, both of those are here: http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Tournament%20Basics

The Rankings page is more a player's overal Tournament Ranking Score (similar to Global Ranking).

Ah, didn't see it there.  I was looking in Tournament Rankings.

Can you include a brief description of how SOS, SOSOS, and SODOS are calculated?  It's confusing to me how these numbers result in a 1, 2, 14, etc.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

3. #43 / 179
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:
    Yertle wrote:
    Toto wrote:
    AttilaTheHun wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Tournament Rankings: http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Tournament%20Rankings and http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Tournament%20Basics

Should have been more specific: Tournament Rankings for Round Robin and Swiss System

Especially tie breakers : H2H, SODOS...

Aye, both of those are here: http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Tournament%20Basics

The Rankings page is more a player's overal Tournament Ranking Score (similar to Global Ranking).

Ah, didn't see it there.  I was looking in Tournament Rankings.

Can you include a brief description of how SOS, SOSOS, and SODOS are calculated?  It's confusing to me how these numbers result in a 1, 2, 14, etc.

Same, did not see it. Sorry.

In fact, what is missing is a search engine inside the help section. And don't tell me there is one already ;)

ATH is right that some explanation should be given (a simple example would do the job).

4. #44 / 179
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

Is there a how simulgear works explanation in there too? If not, is should be on the help update list.

Possibly... :) www.wargear.net/help/display

w0000t to returning to being more active with WG! I may even have a board or two in the works with refreshed fire!

5. #45 / 179
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Oh. It's really good too. Thanx.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #46 / 179
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Great, thanks everyone for feedback and esp Yertle as usual for updates :)

7. #47 / 179
    Premium Member Footfungus
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

How about some sort of warning signal when you're very low on turn time?

Also, sometimes the "who's online" thing will pop open and block my next move. This can be pretty frustrating in a timed game when I'm trying to quickly finish my turn.

All in all though, I have a lot of fun playing here. Keep up the good work!

8. #48 / 179
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Footfungus wrote:

sometimes the "who's online" thing will pop open and block my next move. This can be pretty frustrating in a timed game when I'm trying to quickly finish my turn.

Yeah, that annoys me too.  On the far lower right, there is a way to get rid of the entire bar.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

9. #49 / 179
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Footfungus wrote:

How about some sort of warning signal when you're very low on turn time?

Also, sometimes the "who's online" thing will pop open and block my next move. This can be pretty frustrating in a timed game when I'm trying to quickly finish my turn.

All in all though, I have a lot of fun playing here. Keep up the good work!

You can disable popup notifications.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

10. #50 / 179
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah i was just wondering about that. does that kill the GROWLs or does that kill the chat popups?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

11. #51 / 179
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

yeah i was just wondering about that. does that kill the GROWLs or does that kill the chat popups?

Chat popups if you go to settings on the chat bar

12. #52 / 179
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Don't know if it's on the list yet - how about being able to switch roles or teams after joining a game where role selection is allowed?

13. #53 / 179
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

The instant notifications (growls) display options are all set from the Settings page. The option inside the chat bar is for the Who's Online popups for the chat bar only.

14. #54 / 179
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

bump - I can't find an explanation of SOS and SOSOS in the help section.  Am I overlooking a link somewhere?

15. #55 / 179
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

bump - I can't find an explanation of SOS and SOSOS in the help section.  Am I overlooking a link somewhere?

Tournament Basics has this: 

Round Robin - In this format each player or team plays every other player or team once. This type is limited to two or three player games or two or three teams per game only. Rounds are pre-defined at tournament start so you can start playing a new round even when other players haven't finished their round. The winner of the tournament is the player or team with the most wins at the end of the tournament. In the case of a tie, the winner is the winning player or team from the head-to-head game or games, followed by the highest Sum of Defeated Opponents' Scores (SODOS) if needed.

Swiss System - This is a league tournament where in each round players or teams are matched against other players or teams with the same number of wins. The number of rounds to ensure a result is calculated when the tournament is created. Each player plays the same number of rounds. You have to wait till each round is completed by all players before progressing to the next round. The winner of the tournament is the player or team with the most wins at the end of the tournament. In the case of a tie, the winner is the player or team with the highest Sum of Opponents' Scores (SOS), followed by the highest Sum of Opponents' SOS (SOSOS) if needed.

Not a full description, but says what they are...

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

16. #56 / 179
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Y,  I think that's good enough.

17. #57 / 179
    Standard Member TheIronRelic
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

This isn't in the list, but a way from just opening a game in either player to see if a player is online, without having to click their name or look at any messages. It could just be an icon or something, but it would be really helpful.

Thanks!

18. #58 / 179
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Is this still active for feature requests?

19. #59 / 179
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

TheIronRelic wrote:

This isn't in the list, but a way from just opening a game in either player to see if a player is online, without having to click their name or look at any messages. It could just be an icon or something, but it would be really helpful.

Thanks!

This is a cool idea.

20. #60 / 179
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

Is this still active for feature requests?

I'm guessing no?  I think Tom must be busier with real life lately, because we haven't seen much in the way of substantial updates since the Native Player.  Still keeping up with all the major support requests though, so I'm not complaining.

Edited Wed 3rd Jul 22:16 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789   (9 in total)