179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sometimes I think the gods of dice hate me.

I think if I could see my lifetime luck stats I would feel better about myself. Some games are like -12 luck and those you just can't do anything about, but i might feel better about it if in my stats there was a "Since you signed up you have +0.01" luck.

There should be a cumulative overall luck stat.

2. #2 / 11
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote: Sometimes I think the gods of dice hate me.

I think if I could see my lifetime luck stats I would feel better about myself. Some games are like -12 luck and those you just can't do anything about, but i might feel better about it if in my stats there was a "Since you signed up you have +0.01" luck.

+1

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:
    ratsy wrote: Sometimes I think the gods of dice hate me.

+1

+1

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

4. #4 / 11
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Ratsy,

You can check out this link where I have been keeping a cumulative luck for my 1 v1 games.

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2173/Luck_Cumulative_Chart_Wargear_Warfare_1_v_1_games_SquintGnome

5. #5 / 11
    Premium Member Bex Valeur
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

So this thread is a million years old, but still relevant.  I've got several games going right now with early luck scores between -10 and -20.  I suspect it's like gambling, where the bad luck evokes stronger feelings than the good luck, but it got me curious about lifetime luck.  Is there a way to figure it out?

6. #6 / 11
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Bex Valeur wrote:

So this thread is a million years old, but still relevant.  I've got several games going right now with early luck scores between -10 and -20.  I suspect it's like gambling, where the bad luck evokes stronger feelings than the good luck, but it got me curious about lifetime luck.  Is there a way to figure it out?

I suspect the only way is the one SquintGnome was using, hard work.

You are right it's like gambling. Mostly you remember the bad and forget the good and so in your mind it adds up to a lot of bad luck and little good. Not saying everyone is like that but it's pretty common. At least if you take people's complains at face value. Some might use them strategically, trying to avoid getting attacked :)

Expectations also come into it. I never expected to be a very high ranked player so when I became one I felt I had been fantastically lucky most of my first year. Now that I have come to expect that I will do a bit better than average, my feeling of general good luck is not prevalent anymore (except when I play Babbalouie 1-on-1).  I'm sure my dice were better in 2017 than so far in 2019 but it's very unlikely they have been to a huge extent.

7. #7 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I know this has been discussed elsewhere; but yes you could brute force end game totals ala Squint. But those aren't necessarily relevant. A lot of times the end game result in garbage numbers. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 11
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

A Total Cumulative Luck Stat is pretty meaningless without context. The more you play, the more the stat will converge on zero.  That, and it's all relative. A total LS of -100 is all but normal if you've thrown a couple 100,000 dice.

Edited Wed 5th Jun 17:52 [history]

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Mad Bomber
    Rank
    5 Star General
    Rank Posn

In my opinion only the first 5 turns are important

i want equal amounts of blueberry's
    I play on any field of battle...not just three boards

10. #10 / 11
    Premium Member Bex Valeur
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

All good points.  Thanks!  I will just continue my method of shaking my fists at the sky.

11. #11 / 11
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Mad Bomber wrote: In my opinion only the first 5 turns are important

That depends. It's very rare for the first turns to be really important in a ten-man WGWF, say. There you'll want to be lucky when eliminations start to happen. 

And, of course, great dice anywhen likely won't help you there if someone just misses an elimination and leaves the board wide open for the next player.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)