2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 48
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

Haven't started it yet, but the design is in my head.  The Tetris board I am developing took precedence and took longer than I expected, plus real life keeps getting in the way.

I've had a tetris board rattling around in my head for a while now.  I wonder how closely yours will match up with my thoughts, and if there is room for two.

2. #22 / 48
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've tried and failed with Tetris for 2 years now.  Good Luck!  I'm interested in seeing what you come up with.

Don't Piss Off Risky....
    It's bad for your bonus

3. #23 / 48
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

My tetris board was no good.

4. #24 / 48
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Framing is done. 

Electrical and plumbing have been installed. 

I am just putting on the coats of paint.  Problem is I keep changing the graphics.  I am on version 19 of the board layer.  Viper keeps complaining about the look and I need his vote to get the $.  :)

Sometimes you have to bathe the cat

5. #25 / 48
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RL has kept me from doin much. hoping to get something done to start it yet this week.

i thought they had to be submitted for review by the date, not done with the review game...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #26 / 48
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Another thing we have to work out is, how do we decide on a winner, and how is the prize distributed. 

Although I like IRV voting, I'm not sure if it works if we want a 2nd & 3rd place also.  Of course, if we only want a 1st place, IRV works fine.  Risky has already stated he wants all the money to go to first place.  I don't think anyone else has offered an opinion.

I'd like to see the money divided up.  I was thinking 1st place - $60 (i.e. 2 years of premium membership), 2nd place - $30 (i.e. 1 year of premium membership).  3rd place - $10 (i.e. 3 months of premium membership.)  I just think of it that way, because if I win, I plan on asking Tom to roll it into my membership instead of cashing out.

If we go with having 1st, 2nd & 3rd place (even if the prize all goes to 1st), then I suggest we all pick our top 3, and assign 3,2,1 points for 1st,2nd,3rd. Then total up the points from everyone's votes.

7. #27 / 48
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I'd like to see the money divided up.  I was thinking 1st place - $60 (i.e. 2 years of premium membership), 2nd place - $30 (i.e. 1 year of premium membership).  3rd place - $10 (i.e. 3 months of premium membership.)  I just think of it that way, because if I win, I plan on asking Tom to roll it into my membership instead of cashing out.

If we go with having 1st, 2nd & 3rd place (even if the prize all goes to 1st), then I suggest we all pick our top 3, and assign 3,2,1 points for 1st,2nd,3rd. Then total up the points from everyone's votes.

This works for me.

Sometimes you have to bathe the cat

8. #28 / 48
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Tom's the one who put up the dough so it's really his call isn't it?

9. #29 / 48
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Viper wrote:

Tom's the one who put up the dough so it's really his call isn't it?

tom wrote:

To juice the competition up I'm willing to offer a $100 prize (via Paypal only) to the winner... happy to split this into 1st / 2nd / 3rd prize winners if you think that'll work better.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

10. #30 / 48
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'm fine with whatever the consensus is - $60 : $30 : $10 sounds like a reasonable distribution to me.

11. #31 / 48
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ahh I didn't see that before thanks Yertle.

In that case I'm down for whatever you guys are cool with.

12. #32 / 48
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I am not in the competition and am therefore impartial.  It sounds like the consensus is to split the money at $60 (1st place); $30 (2nd place); and $10 (3rd place).

ATH has spoken (by typing).

13. #33 / 48
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I'm fine with whatever the consensus is - $60 : $30 : $10 sounds like a reasonable distribution to me.

i like it

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

14. #34 / 48
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

actually, just rank them in order of preference, then add up points. lowest score wins (like a cross country scoring system)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #35 / 48
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Viper wrote:

how's everyone coming along on their Pangaea maps?  Mine is about halfway done.

I should really start on mine :/

He has risen!

16. #36 / 48
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The more I think about this I really don't like the idea of combining all the maps into one map with multiple scenarios.  I think it takes away from each individual map in ranking, rating and playability.

I propose then a subheading under the maps section that contains MapMaking contest maps.  All submissions and the winners seperated and noted. 

It would make it easier in the long run for those wanting to add scenarios for each of their maps and I think it would look nice to showcase all the submissions.

I'm sure this is an amount of work for Tom but perhaps this seperate mapmaking contest section could facilitate voting, since we haven't really worked that out officially.

Just some thoughts... please discuss..

17. #37 / 48
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I still like the single map with multiple Scenarios.

He has risen!

18. #38 / 48
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

To expand... they all fit the same theme, so the Individual ranking/rating/playability isn't too big of a bother IMO.  Another subheading adds complexity to the Boards page, which can already be be overwhelming and/or simple to get lost (it's good, but adding to it seems "iffy" IMO).

Adding more Scenarios...*shrug*...use those ideas for a new/different board.

Just my vote.

He has risen!

19. #39 / 48
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Each one of the submissions I've played are in some case wildly different catering to many different play styles.  To put them all together as scenarios seems like such a disservice to the effort put into making them.  How do you even categorize a map on the boards page with scenarios that are so different?

I've read several people wanting to add SG or turn-based scenarios to their submissions.

20. #40 / 48
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I could kind of go either way at this point, although I lean towards having them all under one board, because it just feels more unified.  Plus as I've mentioned before the problem of diverse scenarios could still arise with any other board (although probably not to this extent), so maybe the best solution is for Tom to change the way he handles scenarios, and treat them more as separate boards in more respects.  I know that Yertle has some maps where the scenarios are pretty different (Seven Kingdoms comes to mind).

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)