178 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What about the consequences of terminating a tournament game ?

Is it allowed ?

Will the points of eliminated players from this game be shared between those who agree to terminate ?

Will the trophy be lost for all (as it's the game between the winners (everybody has the same score) of the previous round (Swiss System)) ?

If you know...

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

2. #2 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's not allowed at present as it causes too many complications in the tournament logic.

If it was allowed then I would argue that all players (even those remaining) should get zero points - i.e. it would be treated as a loss for all. Otherwise I think it could be used to someone's advantage.

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Fine. I understand. Thank you Tom.

4. #4 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

5. #5 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aye, I think you can terminate tournament games...I even thought there was logic for dispersing half-points/win-loss or something wacky.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Unless there's something after this in a different thread: http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/713p7/Tournaments_are_Live Post 191

tom wrote:
    BlackDog wrote: It appears that terminated games count as a loss, is this how the system should work?

OK so I think in League tournaments (i.e. the two that we already have, Round Robin and Swiss System) terminations are OK - they should be treated as a draw, both players get 1/2 a point.

For elimination tournaments I don't think terminations should be possible as you need to pick who progresses to the next round. I think if a termination happens then that would be the same as both all remaining players surrendering.

Alternatively perhaps in tournaments you could vote to restart the game instead of vote to terminate?

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

Edited Fri 11th Feb 10:06 [history]

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Seige07
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

We definitely had some terminated games in the last Five tourney I played in. I had a draw against BlackDog and against Mongrel.

All your base are belong to us

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Alternatively perhaps in tournaments you could vote to restart the game instead of vote to terminate?

I like this idea. But it would have to be between the non eliminated players only.

Edited Fri 11th Feb 12:01 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)