181 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 32
    Premium Member norlingk
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

check out turn 634 and after in this game... http://www.wargear.net/games/player/13529

2. #2 / 32
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Brag? Really? About that game?

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

3. #3 / 32
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I think he's referring to this:

"Wow , that's one for the record books! When I sd GG i though i was dead..... "

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

4. #4 / 32
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Coming back from 1 army on 1 territory to win is cool, to be sure. But I don't see much to brag about if you actually do look at the history. Uninspired play, cowardice, good card luck, and very bad dice luck at key moments for both me and Skitch were the main contributors to that victory IMO. Obviously one can make the 'scoreboard' argument, to which I say fair enough, but to go out of one's way to 'brag' about a 2-month old game based on those factors seems strange to me.

5. #5 / 32
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I LOVE THE SCOREBOARD ARGUMENT!

It is without a doubt the best and most flawless argument of all time. I have been known to sometimes use "Oh yeah, Scoreboard" to end arguments and heated discussions, many times when it doesn't even fit in. I made a pledge to myself many many years ago never to let reason, logic or context disrupt my love of just yelling "Scoreboard!" and then running way flinging dung at unsuspecting passerbys. I believe that, and that alone, is why I stay so fit and healthy.

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

6. #6 / 32
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Asm, I do see your point that the game history isn't exactly the stuff of legends. I mean, nobody is going to look at that game and say, "Wow, look at the tactical insight exercised there!" I will note, however, that norlingk did a good job of recognizing that he had a second lease on life and getting defensive at the right time while letting you and Skitch exhaust each other.

Was a lot of it luck? Sure, but that's true of many a Risk game. He got the cards, he used them judiciously, his opponents failed to carry through on a couple of eliminations, he won.

Let him have his moment.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

7. #7 / 32
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: Brag? Really? About that game?

bitter much?! {#emotions_dlg.scratchchin} 

{#emotions_dlg.disturbed}

8. #8 / 32
    Premium Member norlingk
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Coming back from 1 army on 1 territory to win is cool, to be sure.  Scoreboard.

9. #9 / 32
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Well done.

10. #10 / 32
    Premium Member norlingk
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yes, it was 2 months ago, but I just wanted to bring the kewlness to the larger audience... --Brag maybe wasn't the right word-- Whoot.

11. #11 / 32
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: I LOVE THE SCOREBOARD ARGUMENT!

What's the scoreboard argument?

asm is a CYLON!!!

12. #12 / 32
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

In any sporting event where one team is ahead and the other team scores or makes a good play and their fans start cheering, the other team will just start chanting "Scoreboard" meaning we're winning and you still suck.

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

13. #13 / 32
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Another great example would be if fans of the South African national men's football team, or fans of footie in general, were to say that Luis Suárez took the worst dive we're likely to see in this World Cup finals and is a disgrace to the game, or that the Uruguayan side are a bunch of frauds. Of course this is all true so Uruguayan fans will have no substantive response. So they would likely resort to simply saying "scoreboard, b####es!" implying that since the final score favored Uruguay, no further discussion need be addressed.

14. #14 / 32
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'm sorry did you say World Cup?

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The last ytmnd link I will use as a sig, I swear.

15. #15 / 32
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Humorously, the argument I'm about to use is essentially nothing more than a populist equivalent of the scoreboard argument - soccer is the most popular sport in the world by a huge margin. So, you know, get with the program.

16. #16 / 32
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think he was making fun of the vulvazoos or whatever they're called.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

17. #17 / 32
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Oh, I didn't actually notice the B and I thought he was snoozing. Ah well.

18. #18 / 32
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

This morning was the first I read about them, very very early this morning was the first time I heard them.

I made the mistake of leaving the TV on last night tuned to ESPN, I was gonna watch the replay of the Philly's game (where 97 yr. old Jamie Moyer beats the Yanks!) Woke up to a World Cup game at like 0dark-thirty. I honestly thought that the broadcast was screwed up or my TV was broken because of the buzzing.

I can imagine your ears would tune it out after awhile it you tried to watch a game, but those poor sods who have to actually play the game...

The last ytmnd link I will use as a sig, I swear.

19. #19 / 32
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: Another great example would be if fans of the South African national men's football team, or fans of footie in general, were to say that Luis Suárez took the worst dive we're likely to see in this World Cup finals and is a disgrace to the game, or that the Uruguayan side are a bunch of frauds. Of course this is all true so Uruguayan fans will have no substantive response. So they would likely resort to simply saying "scoreboard, b####es!" implying that since the final score favored Uruguay, no further discussion need be addressed.

Damn, I was over this game, and now I read this and I'm all angry again. Ruining the sport one dive at a time... GRRRR

20. #20 / 32
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

As an American Football fan, I have recently become more and more impressed by the simplicity and purity of the sport. When I watch matches on TV, I'm able to watch for longer and longer periods. I'm becoming more and more aware of subtleties of the sport and hence more appreciative and entertained when I see outstanding play.

Then ..All of a sudden, I'm starting to worry about tinnitus. Is it contagious? Is there a vaccine?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)