178 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 28
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I found it while searching for online risk games at work and it was on Wikopedia.  Clicked on the link and it happened to not get blocked.

2. #2 / 28
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I knew tom from a previous life.

... danger zone! ...

3. #3 / 28
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

From WarFish. Tom made all these suggestions on WarFish, nothing ever happened so he did something about it. I found WarFish through a co-worker, no idea how she found it.

4. #4 / 28
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Also came from Warfish, where I was invited by a friend after seeing him play some games with family (all on the pre-beta board funnily enough) and wanting in.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

5. #5 / 28
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I was fishing with my friend in the Galápagos when a violent storm arose. Our dingy was tossed to and fro, our provisions thrown overboard. Weeks later, half-crazed from dehydration and hallucinating, we were washed ashore on a atoll. Years passed with us barely subsisting on conch innards and kelp. When my friend died from a freak sneaker accident, I skinned his corpse and used the hide to fashion a crude sail. Weeks later, once again out in the open sea, my skinboat floated into a major shipping lane where I was picked up by the SS Salvadorian, which was carrying a load of pig iron to Belize.

The captain had wireless and signed me up for a WarGear account.

-John Hancock-

6. #6 / 28
    Standard Member EnixNeo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: I was fishing with my friend in the Galápagos when a violent storm arose. Our dingy was tossed to and fro, our provisions thrown overboard. Weeks later, half-crazed from dehydration and hallucinating, we were washed ashore on a atoll. Years passed with us barely subsisting on conch innards and kelp. When my friend died from a freak sneaker accident, I skinned his corpse and used the hide to fashion a crude sail. Weeks later, once again out in the open sea, my skinboat floated into a major shipping lane where I was picked up by the SS Salvadorian, which was carrying a load of pig iron to Belize.

The captain had wireless and signed me up for a WarGear account.

A friend of mine went fishing with some dude he knew in the Galápagos when a violent storm swallowed them both. Rescue efforts went on for weeks with no results.  Even after formal rescue teams gave up, we hired private pilots to make sweep runs over their last know location.  It wasn't until years later we found his mutilated, skinless body on the beach of a nearby... wait a second... wait, WTF did you do to Matt!?!

Wikipedia

7. #7 / 28
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

He was delicious.

Ha, my G-rating is 1.11, and I'm #111 in championship points.

-John Hancock-

111pma.png

8. #8 / 28
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I came here from WF, which I'm probably going to abandon at some point in the near future. The nine month long "probation" due to me failing to go into Vacation Mode before I visited family for Christmas definitely sealed the deal - if there's anything better than getting booted from seven games in the course of two days and having that completely hose nearly a year of playing time, I can't think of it.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

9. #9 / 28
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I am actually an agent from the future. In the year 2210 all wars in the universe will be settled using Wargear.net, on maps created by Yertle. I have returned to your time to make sure that the maps have accurate borders.

In the end, all things are squishy.

10. #10 / 28
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Raptor wrote: I am actually an agent from the future. In the year 2210 all wars in the universe will be settled using Wargear.net, on maps created by Yertle. I have returned to your time to make sure that the maps have accurate borders.

+1!

-John Hancock-

111pma.png

11. #11 / 28
    Standard Member poloquebec
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

wiki

12. #12 / 28
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Recently, I traveled to your planet from an area in the sky that you call the Lyra.  During my visit, I spoke to the smartest human that I could find and advise him to convince the rest of your planet that space is a very dangerous place for the likes of your species to be exploring at this time.  To his credit, your Mr. Hawking, made a well-intentioned but feeble attempt to delay my departure by introducing me to this site, hoping I might stick around to help defend the human race when they make first contact (well, ..they'll think it's the first time).  However, unknownst to Stephan I have forged an interstellar wi-fi connection that permits me to play and develop maps from a safe distance.

Good luck to you all.. (you're going to need it).

Edited Wed 5th May 21:33 [history]

13. #13 / 28
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Recently, I traveled to your planet from an area in the sky that you call the Lyra.  During my visit, I spoke to the smartest human that I could find and advise him to convince the rest of your planet that space is a very dangerous place for the likes of your species to be exploring at this time.  To his credit, your Mr. Hawking, made a well-intentioned but feeble attempt to delay my departure by introducing me to this site, hoping I might stick around to help defend the human race when they make first contact (well, ..they'll think it's the first time).  However, unknownst to Stephan I have forged an interstellar wi-fi connection that permits me to play and develop maps from a safe distance.

Quit teasing and just finish us off already. I'm getting blue balls down here waiting for my imminent destruction.

... danger zone! ...

14. #14 / 28
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Blue balls!

It's a trap!

15. #15 / 28
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    M57 wrote:

Quit teasing and just finish us off already. I'm getting blue balls down here waiting for my imminent destruction.

Of course, you know I'm not to going to harm your planet ..at least not while WarGear is up and running smoothly.

16. #16 / 28
    Standard Member ecko
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Can't remember actually. But I was looking for a platform to play risk online and I found this site.

What is warfish btw? Is the community much bigger there? I only can hear about it but it looks private when I google it.

17. #17 / 28
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

ecko, Warfish (also known as ToS) was another Risk site that many of us came here from.  You have to be invited to ToS because it has been in beta testing for 10 years.  The admin became indifferent towards the site and stop maintaining it and now it is usually down at least a few times a week.  Them community was large due to how long it had been around but a lot of them are leaving and coming here due to the lack of support there and the readily available support here.

Here is the future, there is a "Unable to find URL" error

Where's 11's?

18. #18 / 28
    Brigadier General Dud Dud is offline now
    Premium Member Dud
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

How I found this site?  I was searching the internet, looking for some studley fatigues to impress the wife during our roleplay....

(We haven't had sex since)

19. #19 / 28
    Standard Member Valentorg
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

The internet.

20. #20 / 28
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I was introduced by Oak to ToS and then dragged here kicking and screaming by M57. Needless to say I have now sworn my allegiance to M57 and his race for this act of great wisdom and will fight on their side when the time comes. All hail the Interstellar Queen.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)