204 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 23
    Standard Member JazzEmperor
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Most of the continents have bright primary or secondary colors.  Except Africa, which is brown.

2. #2 / 23
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I think recognizing this makes you more racist than it.

...danger zone...!

3. #3 / 23
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

4. #4 / 23
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

What Cram's saying in his own way is that looking for and finding racism in things that are obviously not in any way racist is merely prolonging the existence of racism on this planet.

5. #5 / 23
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Well, it's not as if I actively set out to find something to call racist. I just noticed this today, after looking at the map.

I'm not entirely ruling out the possibility that it's all a coincidence. After all, it's highly possible that:
    1) The map designer wanted to use standard rainbow colors for the 6 continents on the map, but forgot about the existence of the color green and thought he had run out of colors.
    2) Since he thought he had run out of rainbow colors, he decided to use brown for one of the continents.
    3) That continent just "happened" to be Africa.

Yeah...

6. #6 / 23
    Standard Member kidamnesiac
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

if you look at your old risk boards, africa was always brown.

7. #7 / 23
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I agree with Jazz here. White is also not a color that is playable in most maps. I can only think this is because:
    A) Nobody ever wants to see whitey lose
    II) Whitey is too busy being the MAN to actually have a time wasting hobby
    3) White is sometimes a difficult color for map makers to use in their color scheme because it sometimes makes map details difficult when it is used in play and therefor many people have just decided against using either it or black to make things easier.

It's got to be A or II because 3 just sounds like some nutty conspiracy theory!

The Status is NOT quo

8. #8 / 23
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Last time I checked compewter screen pixels were not a race.

-John Hancock-

9. #9 / 23
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I think you're all jealous of JazzEmperor's keen perceptive abilities. Even the map creator wasn't aware enough to realize that he's racist. You should be glad Jazz was here to clear everything up. Hopefully it can be fixed soon... I'm thinking we should get an emergency admin edit of the board asap.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

10. #10 / 23
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I had a friend who I used to play Risk with who is half African-American and half Native-American. In any game I played with him he wouldn't play unless he was assigned the black pieces and in each game his sole objective was always to conquer Africa. Even in games where we had specific objectives, he didn't care and would always try to take Africa.

The color scheme is based on the original Risk game board; Africa is brown. I did change Asia from being green to light blue because it looked a lot better against the contrast of the background.

So yes, racist all the way.

I can't believe nobody brought up the blatant racism of Spy vs. Spy. C'mon guys, black against white in battle for supremacy; the hate is palpable.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

11. #11 / 23
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What Jazz has done with his second post in this thread is called in poker "polarizing your range". He's eliminated any median possibilities and allowed only conclusions on the extremes: Either he's dumber than anyone who thought he was dumb reading the OP would have assumed, or he's meta-joking past the point where anyone who thought he was joking reading the OP would ever have thought he would.

It's a trap!
    Edited Mon 12th Apr 01:27 [history]

12. #12 / 23
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

What Jazz has done with his second post in this thread is called in poker "polarizing your range". He's eliminated any median possibilities and allowed only conclusions on the extremes: Either he's dumber than anyone who thought he was dumb reading the OP would have assumed, or he's meta-joking past the point where anyone who thought he was joking reading the OP would ever have thought he would.

I assure you, I am not meta-joking, whatever that is.

13. #13 / 23
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

If you are not joking then we will answer your question as stated.

No, WarGear Warfare is in no way racist.

That's pretty much all I can say without punching my fist through the monitor.

-John Hancock-

14. #14 / 23
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Clearly, you didn't get that last joke.

15. #15 / 23
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

This is better then that dude that hates me thread ;)

16. #16 / 23
    Standard Member AntiScourge
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I think you all need to play a little less WarGear, and watch a little more South Park.. Might I suggest Season 4, Episode 7, "Chef Goes Nanners". I think it'll resolve this quandry.

17. #17 / 23
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

AntiScourge wrote: I think you all need to play a little less WarGear, and watch a little more South Park.. Might I suggest Season 4, Episode 7, "Chef Goes Nanners". I think it'll resolve this quandry.

And may I add google Eric Cartman Im sailing away and listen to that song.    Its the best version

18. #18 / 23
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Successful troll was successful.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

19. #19 / 23
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Everybody knows that brown is what you get when you mix all of the primary colors together.  Consequently, Africa is the entire rainbow simultaneously, and is therefore superior to all of the other continents.  Failing to recognize this makes you ignorant of proper paint pigmentation mixing and a hateful racist of the first order.

Good day to you, sir.  Good day.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

20. #20 / 23
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Oatworm wrote:

Everybody knows that brown is what you get when you mix all of the primary colors together.  Consequently, Africa is the entire rainbow simultaneously, and is therefore superior to all of the other continents.  Failing to recognize this makes you ignorant of proper paint pigmentation mixing and a hateful racist of the first order.

Good day to you, sir.  Good day.

Ah, but you, sir, are working with pigments -- an earthly matter. When you mix all the colors of light, which is from THE HEAVENS, you get white.

...danger zone...!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)