1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (14 in total)
  1. #81 / 276
    Standard Member moke
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Greetings! I'm a refugee from warfish's latest outage. I hope you guys don't mind another :-D

Lately MINECRAFT has been dominating my time but I adore a good game of RISK and her variants. Is this site worth a premium membership? Time will tell :)

Yours,
    moke

2. #82 / 276
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hello moke! Always good to see another WF player get tired of that site's BS. If I may ask, how did you find/hear about WG in order to know that you should move?

If you ever have any questions about anything, just post in the forums... there's a very active and helpful group willing to help with just about anything. And it's always good to get a fresh perspective on things that we've already gotten used to over time.

Just doing my part to hold in Risky's big deal-ness

3. #83 / 276
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I had never heard of minecraft until somebody sent me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug&feature=player_embedded

Hope you like it.

4. #84 / 276
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Wow EN.

That is a level of geekiness that I never thought possible.

{#emotions_dlg.eek}

5. #85 / 276
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

and i thought this was geeky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #86 / 276
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Wow
    wow.
    I just never new that this level of geek existed; I am pretty sure that I actually became cooler after watching both of those videos.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

7. #87 / 276
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

The move has occurred for me as well. I've had request to move some of my boards over here, so that's the plan.

Student now at Asbury University -- which is an amazing Christian university in Kentucky.

8. #88 / 276
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Jigler wrote: The move has occurred for me as well. I've had request to move some of my boards over here, so that's the plan.

Student now at Asbury University -- which is an amazing Christian university in Kentucky.

Welcome Jigler!

What ya studying?

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

9. #89 / 276
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Welcome Jigler!

What ya studying?

Thanks!

I'm double majoring in Bible/Theology and Psychology. :)

10. #90 / 276
    Standard Member Twopaper
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Name is Twopaper, came from warfish and from the looks of things, this site is head and shoulders above. Should have switched years ago...

I am a 31yo snowboard instructor from Salt Lake City, UT.  I do not have to work as I am independantly wealthy but there is only so much time in the day one can spend in front of a computer.  I have been playing strategy games since I was a child and can't wait to give you all a taste of the pain I bring.

And so it begins...

Edited Wed 10th Nov 11:43 [history]

11. #91 / 276
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Twopaper wrote:I do not have to work as I am independantly wealthy but there is only so much time in the day one can spend in front of a computer.

Actually, the only limit for me is the needless 24hour limit the world has decided to put upon "Days"

Where's Hugh?

12. #92 / 276
    Standard Member TMBJon
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I guess I haven't formally introduced myself.

TMBJon in Santa Monica, CA, but I'm originally from Richboro, PA. I can't believe the Warfish bullshit, really. What's that guy's problem? Oh well, whatever. This site seems cool. Feel free to invite me to a game, especially if there are some cool/recommended new maps. I really wish this site had Johnny Yuma boards and the Electoral College board. Those were my favorites and they are noticeably absent here. Can we possibly get them somehow?

I love whoever made this site. It's clearly head and shoulders above Warfish in every way.

13. #93 / 276
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Hi My name is Adam. I am also a convert from ToS. My user name over there was the same except with my full last name. My claim to fame was telling M57, who I work with in RL, about ToS. My RL job is to make M57 sound and look good on a daily basis and I also teach applied technology to 4th - 8th grade. Classes like Robotics, Bridge Designing, Scenic Design and Building, Theatre Tech, Rube Goldberg Machine design and wood shop round out my class offerings but my favorite accomplishment right now is getting my boss to pay for my premium membership to WG for me. Top that!

I'm married with a three year old and a T minus 4 month old. My life revolves around my family but my wife would tell you it revolves around my Theatre. I spent 8 years working in touring Broadway theatre as an electrician and eventually head of the electric department of a major Broadway producer. Gave it all up to move back to Boston and raise a family. I am a licensed electrician who owned a contracting business before the economy turned and I jumped to the job I have now. I also teach trade law to electricians and oversee temporary generators for movies and large events. In my free time.... wait, what is free time?

My hobbies include talking about myself and being as sarcastic as possible to my bosses. Sometimes even I'm surprised I get away with it! The last thing I want t
    *CHARACTER LIMIT REACHED**CHARACTER LIMIT REACHED**CHARACTER LIMIT REACHED*

14. #94 / 276
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

AdamN wrote:  My RL job is to make M57 sound and look good on a daily basis 

'Tis true, but really, how hard can that be?  I am one good-looking dude.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

15. #95 / 276
    Standard Member Lancecor
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Hey there, Lancecor here, starting out with a Real Time game to get used to the place. I'm a guy who likes these strategy games and Will like to participate. My game is "Fall of Rome, Lancecor's Game" Hope I fit in here.

16. #96 / 276
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

All you have to be is non-racist, non-idiotic. We're a pretty easy group to get along with for the most part. Just don't take grey colour in games we are in together, and I won't single you out for elimination! :)

Apparently I've been spanked!!

17. #97 / 276
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

moke wrote: Greetings! I'm a refugee from warfish's latest outage. I hope you guys don't mind another :-D

Lately MINECRAFT has been dominating my time but I adore a good game of RISK and her variants. Is this site worth a premium membership? Time will tell :)

Yours,
    moke

whoah, don't think anyone answered your question on premium.

It really depends on how many games you are going to play. I think premium is very helpful for anyone playing on team games. It allows for a high degree of coordination... it simplifies making requests and talking strategy. It is also quite handy for temporary "understandings" in individual games. Access to some stats also helps you understand the board and what is going on (say who is ripe for elimination, who is about to cash- only for non-fog games though). And of course you can play more games. This site is heavily supported, with new features coming out fast. The premium helps support those that do the work.

Apparently I've been spanked!!

18. #98 / 276
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Lancecor wrote: Hey there, Lancecor here, starting out with a Real Time game to get used to the place. I'm a guy who likes these strategy games and Will like to participate. My game is "Fall of Rome, Lancecor's Game" Hope I fit in here.

People are having a tough time getting real-time games goingon this site.  It's unlikely that the one you set up (6 players with teams) will fill, but don't take it personally. The board you picked (Fall of Rome) is a good board and fun with teams though. 

19. #99 / 276
    Standard Member Lancecor
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Gimli wrote: All you have to be is non-racist, non-idiotic. We're a pretty easy group to get along with for the most part. Just don't take grey colour in games we are in together, and I won't single you out for elimination! :)

Okay, don't take my green, and we will be fine.

Whoever mentioned Minecraft, I love that game. I agree with you on those ideals. I think I will dissolve my game, for a game that seems more likely to fill.

20. #100 / 276
    Standard Member Lancecor
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Okay, sorry for double post, made a quick game, with less players, and same mao. will probably work better.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (14 in total)