Pages:   123456789»»»   (14 in total)
  1. #61 / 276
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    weathertop wrote: you beating her or her beating you? i assumed the latter...

Actually, it sounded to me like the dog beats the wife.

On WarGear?  I think I know who that is.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

2. #62 / 276
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Actually I think TheDog and TheWife are dual accounts, and are only fake beating each other to bump up their stats. Nicetameetcha Dud =]

Mongrel: "Yeah, If 11s is not eliminated in the first 5 rounds - back to the drawing board." SO TRUE!

3. #63 / 276
    Brigadier General Dud Dud is offline now
    Premium Member Dud
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The riddle has been solved....
    Damn Dog

4. #64 / 276
    Standard Member Tesctassa II
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Ok then! A little late but here I am!

I'm a Computer Science student finishing my graduated degree (3+2 years) in Rome. I love sports and I practice swimming. Love to draw, play guitar, play chess and read (favourite kind is old-fashioned yellow story, sci-fi, novels), and I'm really into 3D graphics, mostly from the programming side than the design, which I've always studied myself, never took courses whatsoever.

I'd like to travel alot when my studies are over and I'm actually planning to leave Italy. Some (dreamy) destination? Well, US, Canada or (guess that Dud!!!) AU! =D

And I really like this site!

Cheers!

^___^

5. #65 / 276
    Premium Member Dud
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Well, you have been to AU enough, you probably have a good "lay of the land"....as they say.

6. #66 / 276
    Standard Member Tesctassa II
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Ahahahah! That's right! So it'd be definitely a good choice! =D

7. #67 / 276
    Standard Member Maelstrom
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

My turn, I guess.

Just turned 38 2 weeks ago. Finally made it over here from Warfish, after reading someone's post on a tournament I was playing, and realizing I was stuck in one tournament, and in another one that can't possibly end (single attack), with no hope of resolving either.

AppleCat / MonsterTash / countless other names got me into Warfish, which was the first time I'd ever participated in such a site. Been hooked pretty much from day 1.

Glad to see a live developer picking up the slack over here, and am currently trying a 1-month trial membership. I already like the improvements, so I have a feeling I'll be spending money here. I hate crack dealers... ;)

Anyway - IRL, I am a Cubs Fan, which makes me a masochist. Maybe that's why I come here.... I am the network administrator for a public K-8 outside of Chicago. Been in Chicago my whole life, and at this job almost 8 years, plan to be here 22 more - and not a day over!

Married for 7 years, have 14 year-old daughter (from my first marriage), and a 5 year-old son with my wife.

I love my job, love my wife - who is a nurse and in grad school, and am pretty happy with my life.

Oh yeah - I'm funnier than asm.

8. #68 / 276
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Maelstrom wrote: Oh yeah - I'm funnier than asm.

Who isn't?

9. #69 / 276
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, honestly. Talk about damning with faint praise. Aim higher, man!

...and is a douchebag

10. #70 / 276
    Premium Member Dud
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ASM, I just checked rankings.....There is NO ONE HIGHER!

11. #71 / 276
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Did you check the rankings for getting slagged in the forums for bad play?

I'm #1 on those too!!

...and is a douchebag

12. #72 / 276
    Standard Member Maelstrom
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

bengaltiger wrote:
    Maelstrom wrote: Oh yeah - I'm funnier than asm.

Who isn't?

That was kind of the point.  It was like saying I'm taller than Gimli...  Oh, never mind.

Edited Fri 20th Aug 18:26 [history]

13. #73 / 276
    Premium Member Dud
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey, as long as you're in the record books!

14. #74 / 276
    Standard Member Beethoven
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hey, there. I'm 31, from Philly, where I got hooked on board games with my hometown boys, namely LOTR risk and Pente.

I moved to S. Korea 3 years ago to teach cello to orphans and escape the responsibilities of becoming an adult. Also, I just love to travel!

I'm getting my master's in Cello performance at a university in Seoul, so when I'm not practicing 6 hours a day, or playing concerts, I spend my free time painting and watching Simpsons DVDs seasons 4-11.

I love reading, scrabble, and I enjoy grilled meats and craft beers.

Even though I'm 0% Korean by blood, I have entirely integrated myself into Korean society, with no intentions to moving back to the US. 대한민국 사랑해!

15. #75 / 276
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Beethoven wrote: Even though I'm 0% Korean by blood, I have entirely integrated myself into Korean society

Then I guess when you were talking about your games interests you either just forgot to mention Starcraft or assumed that it would go without saying?

Just doing my part to hold in Risky's big deal-ness

16. #76 / 276
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    Beethoven wrote: Even though I'm 0% Korean by blood, I have entirely integrated myself into Korean society

Then I guess when you were talking about your games interests you either just forgot to mention Starcraft or assumed that it would go without saying?

His APM is so high, you're actually only able to see about one out of every three sentences he types. It was in there somewhere.

In your Face!

17. #77 / 276
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    asm wrote:

His APM is so high, you're actually only able to see about one out of every three sentences he types. It was in there somewhere.

I looked at my APM for one of my matches the other day. It was very saddening how few clicks I actually make in a game... I guess I'm just not spastic enough to play SC2 well. :(

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

18. #78 / 276
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Back when APM was first hot, there was a whole subset of players that would click uselessly just to pump it, and it became meaningless. Clicking effectively is more important than clicking frequently.

That being said, #76 was RDF

Just doing my part to hold in Risky's big deal-ness
    Edited Tue 24th Aug 03:16 [history]

19. #79 / 276
    Standard Member Beethoven
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    asm wrote:

Chuckles.  Nice one. Not a player, though I have heard of Starcraft. I spend most of my day locked up in a practice room having bi-lingual conversations between myselves. It's not a pretty picture, really. In this case, you can interpret "entirely" as "adequately."

Edited Sun 29th Aug 03:58 [history]

20. #80 / 276
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hi All -

I'm AttilaTheHun --> named after the great conqueror as well as the fact I'm half Hungarian...

Absolutely LOVE playing RISK board games, including all the spinoffs like RISK: 2210 AD and RISK:GodStorm...Also loved the computer version of RISK with command cards to make things interesting.

Found Warfish awhile back and saw the core group was moving to this site so I followed suit. I still like playing on either site especially the basic World Map templates or any version of A&A.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (14 in total)