221 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 27
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I HATE it when you are waiting on someone in one of your games, and you look up there game list and they have so many games its unreal like say 50+.  THEN you look and there either A online or b have been online recently while it was there turn in your game but still didnt take it because they have so many games.

SORY just had to vent.

2. #2 / 27
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Were you on WarFish? If so then I bet you loved the Turn-In-Progress "feature" :P.

If not, then it would be a really cruel joke for tom to implement that just for you, because that would drive you literally INSANE! :D

Easter - The celebration of death, of resurrection, of life, and of a promise fulfilled.

3. #3 / 27
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I was not on warfish. Explain please

4. #4 / 27
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Maybe he just had to go pee? I do that sometimes

It's a trap!

5. #5 / 27
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

ASM, Im not that impatient. Its been this dudes turn for 16 hours. I have seen him online once and he is no offline and that was almost 3 hours ago. His problem is he has like 57 games going and when he comes online doesnt have time to play all his turns. He should play less games at once this happens alot

6. #6 / 27
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

On WF if it was your turn and you just popped into the game to take a look at the board then everyone else would see that you were "Turn In Progress" and it would display big and red on your game list. So then if the person just looked in but didn't actually take the turn it would just sit with Turn In Progress, which was even more annoying than waiting for the person to go to the game :P

Easter - The celebration of death, of resurrection, of life, and of a promise fulfilled.

7. #7 / 27
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yea if I saw that, I would be even more upset. At least now I can say he has to many games going to check up on while he was logged in. If that happened, I would know he was neglecting that game. BUT the plus side is then if that happened i could add to enemy list.

8. #8 / 27
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I really feel like playing some games right now but this week I've been getting about 5 turns a day and when I start games they just sit there with not enough people joining. I don't want to play a World Map game but there is never anything else up in the queue.
    I would love to have 30 games going but I can't get 30 games that I want to play. I know the community is still relatively small and not everyone has played 4000 games of Online Risk like I have so they still want to play the regular ol maps and I'm cool with that but can't we play non-ranked or non-Dev games anymore? Doesn't anyone start private games and just invite good Ol' RiksyBack to play them?
    I'm begging here people!! I don't even check at night anymore just so I have turns to take in the morning when I get to work to have a few minutes of distraction from the evil forces that surround me on a daily basis.

The Status is NOT quo

9. #9 / 27
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I understand your frustration, but I have to admit that I do that frequently. Plenty of games I'll look at, see what has to be done, and take my turn right then. However, there are also plenty of games that I like to think about for a while. I'll look at them when players take a turn, but sometimes I'll wait a while before moving to see if I come up with anything brilliant to do.

The turn timer is 2 days, and I enjoy that pace of play. Just trying to help folks understand the other side of the issue.

10. #10 / 27
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I agree with bengaltiger. On some boards, the next move is fairly clear cut, but I'll take a little longer to think on boards where the situation is a little messier. One example of this is my position on this board:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/5376

Even though I'm in the lead in terms of units per turn, I'm in a precarious position. I can't play too aggressively or I'll get beaten back by sreg and bengaltiger. I tend to save my moves on that board until I've had some time to think about how best to engineer bengal's downfall. (Oh crap, I think I revealed too much...)

11. #11 / 27
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Good discusstion, I like hearing others opionions. Im mostly irritated beause its a 5 player game and been going over a week and I have yet to take a turn.

12. #12 / 27
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Good discusstion, I like hearing others opionions. Im mostly irritated beause its a 5 player game and been going over a week and I have yet to take a turn.

13. #13 / 27
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

no one minds a good venting. there were times on warfish I peaked at ~65 games, and you get in several with players who check every 15 minutes (like Risky, DbDawn late at night) and you take 5 turns and it is yours again in 2 of the ones you just did... I did have to cut back cuz I was getting annoyed!

But there are times you have to sit. Wyatt made a mid east board on warfish, had about 14 broken borders, and it was a real headache to plan elimination runs because you had to literally check every single move you wanted to avoid the broken borders. sometimes it is just heavy stakes.

but most of the time is really is just annoying!

14. #14 / 27
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Risky, I didn't know you felt that way. I'll have to start doing my usual thing of starting up 5 boards at a time with different people on my friends list... :D

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

15. #15 / 27
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Vataro, I don't know if anyone has commented yet on your avatar. Normally lens flare is for the weak but for you it works.

Slimer don't let it get to you! Best bet is if it's not your turn in any games, go join another. If you do that every time eventually you'll have 55 games and people will be waiting on you. Problem solved! =]

-John Hancock-

16. #16 / 27
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's what I've come to.

Actually I've probably been doing just what Slimer hates all morning. When I woke up I had ~37 turns waiting, so by the time I had played a dozen or so of them, it was already my turn again in some others. But because I had my turns list sorted by turn time, those people who were actively playing their turns against me got pushed down to the bottom of the list. So I can see how this could happen.

It's a trap!

17. #17 / 27
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: Vataro, I don't know if anyone has commented yet on your avatar. Normally lens flare is for the weak but for you it works.

Slimer don't let it get to you! Best bet is if it's not your turn in any games, go join another. If you do that every time eventually you'll have 55 games and people will be waiting on you. Problem solved! =]

Damn straight it does.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

18. #18 / 27
    Standard Member kidamnesiac
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Norseman wrote: I agree with bengaltiger. On some boards, the next move is fairly clear cut, but I'll take a little longer to think on boards where the situation is a little messier. One example of this is my position on this board:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/5376

Even though I'm in the lead in terms of units per turn, I'm in a precarious position. I can't play too aggressively or I'll get beaten back by sreg and bengaltiger. I tend to save my moves on that board until I've had some time to think about how best to engineer bengal's downfall. (Oh crap, I think I revealed too much...)

ha, funny to see that this game is still going.  i was eliminated ling ago from that one, i might have to keep an eye on it to see how it plays out.

on topic, i also sometimes log in, check a board, and save some of the more difficult turns until ive had some time to think about it.  i have also been on the other side of the issue, waiting and hoping someone will make a turn in my games so i can play, thus i end up joining a large amount of games and am more likely to take longer myself.  

19. #19 / 27
    Standard Member sreg
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

haha norseman. you are definitely in the better position, but i wouldnt count bengal and i out just yet. I have my patented everybody hit norseman contingency button should the need arise.

20. #20 / 27
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yeah, that's the contingency button I'm afraid of.  I'm trying not to get too uppity in terms of my unit count. ;-)

For others' reference, I'm red, Bengal is cyan, and sreg is blue.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)