181 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I know there have been threads about this in the past, some that ran looong and veered off into discussion of specific cheaters, etc.

I figured I'd re-ask the question *simply* -- is there any way that we know of that people can use to 'hack' the dice?

Reason? It annoys me when I get accused (and 'enemied') for cheating by fudging the dice. If I *did* have a way, I'd have a hell of a lot better ranking than I do.

2. #2 / 7
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

There is no way to hack the dice. If you play enough you will have periods of really great dice, but also periods of really lousy dice.  I've had many games where basically every attack succeded and every defense was great. But also the exact opposite.

It's normal to be frustrated in the lean periods. 

It's also normal to have "trouble opponents". Someone you always seem to have bad dice against. It you search your opponents lists you will normally also find the exact opposite - someone for whom you are that "always lucky" player. Statistics tell us it will be so, without mentioning whom these players might be.

Your new enemies are not going to fare better against other people on average than they did you, I know telling them that won't always work.

3. #3 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Right. No way to hack the dice.

Like Litotes said - those of us that play a lot are probably going to have some really good dice runs and some really bad ones. (I remember a game I way losing so I did a suicidal A on something like a 15vs60 and won. I also remember losing an 8v1 that caused me to miss an elimination run.) What's fun, though, that given the 1000's of players through here some will have a better than average run of dice overall and some that will have lower - so some player out there may have been right that the dice didn't ever favor them. That's just how it all works.

More likely to happen though is that a common bias we all have is to remember and give more emotional weight to negative events (bad dice) than to positive events (good dice).

Also players that tend to grouse tend to be not-so-good players and often *need* a lucky round to win vs. having a good strategy to win. Once in a while it works out for them, usually it does not.

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks all. I was 99.9999% sure that was the case, but as I said, it bloody *irks* me :-)

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Not sure why anyone would say there is ‘no way to hack the dice’. Like anything computer-related, someone ‘could’ theoretically hack into the WG server and override with their own custom random dice generator which would favor them. But why someone would want to go thru with such an effort to hack dice when they could clearly be using their efforts to hack more pertinent things is beyond me. Thus, it would be ‘extremely’ unlikely for the dice to be hacked.

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote: Not sure why anyone would say there is ‘no way to hack the dice’. Like anything computer-related, someone ‘could’ theoretically hack into the WG server and override with their own custom random dice generator which would favor them. But why someone would want to go thru with such an effort to hack dice when they could clearly be using their efforts to hack more pertinent things is beyond me. Thus, it would be ‘extremely’ unlikely for the dice to be hacked.

That's true. I should have said any remotely reasonable way :-)

Of course I can see how people would be jealous of my 572 ranking and presume it as attained illicitly.

Edited Mon 14th Jun 13:55 [history]

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

agwyvern wrote:
    Thingol wrote: Not sure why anyone would say there is ‘no way to hack the dice’. Like anything computer-related, someone ‘could’ theoretically hack into the WG server and override with their own custom random dice generator which would favor them. But why someone would want to go thru with such an effort to hack dice when they could clearly be using their efforts to hack more pertinent things is beyond me. Thus, it would be ‘extremely’ unlikely for the dice to be hacked.

That's true. I should have said any remotely reasonable way :-)

Of course I can see how people would be jealous of my 572 ranking and presume it as attained illicitly.

Indeed. Smile

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)