206 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Premium Member Genghis Jhon
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

It makes me crazy that the messages pane is all the way at the bottom of the page. When taking my turns. This causes me, quite frequently to miss critical messages, until after I've actually gone already. Is there any possibility we could get it either moved to the right or left side, or even the top, or maybe get the page rearchitected so that the locations of various panes are an individual customization option?

Further, on the topic of display options for various panes, It would be awesome if there were a 'maximize' button for the 'Continents' subwindow. This would be particularly useful for larger maps with lots of territories. When viewing this subwindows for such maps, I always need to resize it. It would be even better if this subwindow could be popped entirely out. Take a look at the 'House of Fog' map (screenshot attached), for example. Even with my browser window initially fully expanded, the default size for the subwindow is tiny by comparison.

Edit: Well, I tried to attach a screenshot. I guess I don't know how. Tried both the 'image upload' button, and just pasting the image into the post. Neither worked, though the paste appeared to until I hit Update or Preview. I tried just pasting the screenshot into a reply by itself, and I get the "Your message may not exceed 1000kb in size" error, which is odd, as the screenshot is only 690K...

Edited Fri 14th May 07:49 [history]

2. #2 / 5
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That has been my exact experience with screenshots.

3. #3 / 5
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

something seems to have broken last year - it worked for a bit, then didn't. I definitely can't post images from my machine anymore. but - posting from URL, not sure if this still works: 

(http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/5116/How_to_insert_an_image_into_a_forum_post)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 5
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm currently in a game with @asm and all of his (public) messages to me are empty, including some that I was previously able to view.  Something is awry. 

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

For the more loquacious of us, I wish a system similar to Cards, when you open a game, if you have had a private message, it pops up and needs to be closed.

So much diplomacy is lost as players do not see it until after their turn, if ever!

Off Topic!
    Edited Sun 25th Jul 08:38 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)