179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 41
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>I don't see that option, is that because I'm a standard member? I have an old board design I want to delete and start a new one from scratch

Are you right clicking on the arrow icon in the last column on this page:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/myboards

It works for me, but I didn't think it was a premium perk.

Edited Thu 22nd Apr 00:27 [history]

2. #22 / 41
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What about 'win conditions'.  Are those still supported?  I can't figure out a way to set them in the new designer.

EDIT - nevermind I found them.

Edited Thu 22nd Apr 00:32 [history]

3. #23 / 41
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, you can do that still from the current designer page in WG without having to use the Designer tool. (for others since you found it Ozy)

Edited Thu 22nd Apr 03:25 [history]

4. #24 / 41
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Should this post be stickied?  Is this the only "documentation" for the new designer?   Or maybe an official post explaining how this works should be stickied.   Also the wiki is out of date now...

One more question, I think when I first tried out the air designer, I installed air from the official source:

https://airsdk.harman.com/runtime

And it didn't work...  So then I installed form the link Tom gave:

Mac Users: http://www.wargear.net/files/AdobeAIR.dmg
    PC Users: http://www.wargear.net/files/AdobeAIR.exe

And it did work....   But why didn't the official install of AIR work?  Did anyone else happen to try installing it through official channels?

Edited Sat 8th May 02:01 [history]

5. #25 / 41
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I only installed via Tom's link, so can't help you there. Maybe weathertop tried both?

6. #26 / 41
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I will say, for complex maps with scenarios, I'm having lots of trouble bringing up the borders and continents and color tab info. Simple maps don't seem to have that problem. I'm having poor internet connection these days, so I'm not sure how much that factors into it. If one of the other designers who has some complex maps with scenarios can put one of their boards into dev mode and see how it looks for them, I'd be much appreciative. 

7. #27 / 41
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

I only installed via Tom's link, so can't help you there. Maybe weathertop tried both?

TLDR: both worked for me

When I first tried back in Jan, I used Tom's links. Seeing this I proceeded with the following:

I deleted WG's designer from Tom's #2 step and uninstalled AdobeAir that I got from Tom's #1 step. I then reinstalled from the 'official' link from Harmon's site and reinstalled the designer from Tom's #2 step. I was able to open the .exe (that #2 produces) to open to my boards designer screen.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #28 / 41
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

I will say, for complex maps with scenarios, I'm having lots of trouble bringing up the borders and continents and color tab info.  

I don't have any real complicated boards (no factories that would produce a ton of continents), and seems that I can see all the continents in the drop down list (once i put it to 'edit continents'). and the rules/colors tabs are there (after i made the window bigger).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #29 / 41
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I could sticky this if we want to, don't necessarily want too many stickies. I think that it does need to get into the wiki at some point (but i was thinking this was an interim solution, so figured we'd wait). But then again, i think the wiki could use quite a bit of updating... something i want to do, but can never force myself to put aside time for (hell, i still haven't finished my taxes -- that's what i *should* be doing right now...)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

10. #30 / 41
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Update - I had thought my old service, which was DSL when I first tried the Designer Tool, was what kept me from successfully loading the Colors tab, continents, etc. However, after going back to my broadband service, the tool is still not loading correctly for scenarios. The description and rules load ok, as does the map and cards, but borders/modifiers, continents and the Colors tab do not load, even after a long period of time.

Edited Tue 15th Jun 15:27 [history]

11. #31 / 41
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

Update - I had thought my old service, which was DSL when I first tried the Designer Tool, was what kept me from successfully loading the Colors tab, continents, etc. However, after going back to my broadband service, the tool is still not loading correctly for scenarios. The description and rules load ok, as does the map and cards, but borders/modifiers, continents and the Colors tab do not load, even after a long period of time.

Could you try clicking on the Reload (top right) button after switching to the Scenario to see if that loads the scenario colors tab? It worked for me; if it works for you I'll patch the Designer to make this automatic.

12. #32 / 41
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

In the middle of a huge download for Dark Alliance. Will give it a try after that completes.

13. #33 / 41
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

ok, finally had a chance to try it.  The reload did indeed work in the loading of borders/modifiers as well as the Colors tab. However, still no dice on continents (and unfortunately, my primary motivation for the current update is in editing the continent bonuses).

14. #34 / 41
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Sorry for the delay in getting onto this, I've been desperately seeking a working copy of Adobe Flash Builder which Adobe are now refusing to sell at any price :)

I've been running some tests and the continent loading works fine for me. Can you confirm which board you're testing so I can check it out?

What happens, do no Continents load (i.e. when you press Edit button, there are none in the list)?

One final thing - are you on the latest version of the Designer (http://www.wargear.net/files/Designer_v1.1.air not the 1.0 version)?

15. #35 / 41
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've released v1.2 of the Designer which fixes a few problems including hopefully your one.

Due to a frustrating problem that I can't seem to resolve right now, loading a board is a two step process - select the board or scenario, then click Load Board at the top. This means you don't need to remember to click Reload after loading a board.

New installer is here: https://www.wargear.net/files/Designer_v1.2.air

Please let me know how you get on!

16. #36 / 41
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The program comes up but none of my boards load on it - just a spinning mac wheel.

When I hit the Logout button, I get a Wargear Login popup.

Send password and  "Sorry, something went wrong with the login process: HTTP request error"

Reinstall v1.0 and everything loads just fine.

17. #37 / 41
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hi Tom,

#1 - Thanks so much for working on this.

#2 - I see the same behavior as M57.  Do I need to do anything to install it?  I just download the link and clicked on it.

#3 - I was wondering if an open source version of the designer would make sense?  It would probably be better to rewrite it in something other than flash, but it's basically a graphical editor that spits out XML at the end, right?  It's not the sort of code I work on (I write scientific Linux code that runs from cron or the cmd line and generally has no graphics), but I'd be willing to give it a shot.  If I'm doing it all myself it will probably take 6 months to just get a basic version done, but if others with the right skills can help, it could go faster.   I like Python, so I'd probably try to learn Tkinter  and go from there.

18. #38 / 41
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Sorry folks, please use this version:

https://www.wargear.net/files/Designer_v1.3.air

19. #39 / 41
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Tom, per your question, yes when I click continents and edit, nothing shows in the dropdown. I was using the latest designer at the time, yes. Was updating my Ravenloft maps (adventure party).

Edited Fri 20th Aug 12:16 [history]

20. #40 / 41
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Sorry folks, please use this version:

https://www.wargear.net/files/Designer_v1.3.air

Thanks Tom!  Didn't have time to test this very thoroughly, but a quick 2-minute test shows that it is working better than the last version.   I will update when I have a chance to play with it further.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)