181 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Premium Member Genghis Jhon
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I wish the history view had an option to show last known state for all territories, highlighted in some way (flashing maybe?) to distinguish from known current  counts.. For most fogged games, you can get this now, by going through the turn logs, and looking at the last entry for each territory, but it's kind of a pain. This would also help given (as I've just noticed) that the 'last turn' view of the history doesn't show the neutral counts of fogged territories that probing attacks have revealed.

Failing that, maybe you could let us download the move log as csv, so we could filter it in Excel, and extract similar information more easily?

Another thought, maybe have the move log show the initial & final counts for the attacked territory, as the map view does?

Thoughts?

John

Edited Fri 15th Jan 07:38 [history]

2. #2 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>I wish the history view had an option to show last known state for all territories, highlighted in some way (flashing maybe?) to distinguish from known current  counts.

Would love this.  I think it'd be fair to put it in the 'premium member' category - if that makes it more likely for Tom to implement that, as right now the benefits of premium are kind of thin (biggest benefit is supporting WarGear, IMO).

3. #3 / 5
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Good idea, if it's easy to implement I'm all for it (I have no idea if easy, difficult or impossible).

4. #4 / 5
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

>I wish the history view had an option to show last known state for all territories, highlighted in some way (flashing maybe?) to distinguish from known current  counts.

Would love this.  I think it'd be fair to put it in the 'premium member' category - if that makes it more likely for Tom to implement that, as right now the benefits of premium are kind of thin (biggest benefit is supporting WarGear, IMO).

Speaking as someone who just let his latest batch of premium run out yesterday, I have to disagree - the 10 game limit is agonizing and playing competitively without board/player stats is basically impossible.

Speaking of playing competitively, I have my own method for accomplishing this - on important fog games I screenshot a board image and scribble over it, saving versions as I go, with annotations that you can't get from the history. It's actually the reason why I'm the best player on Base Nine.

5. #5 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>the 10 game limit is agonizing and playing competitively without board/player stats is basically impossible.

Fair enough - I sometimes forget about the 10 game limit, and for the last year I've been hovering around 10-12 games anyway, so wouldn't have effected me too much.  Board stats are nice, and now that I'm so used to them, it would be hard to give up.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)