2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member LetsGoSharks
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I've noticed a couple of issues lately:

1) When I complete a turn, there is a red button which traditionally allowed me to jump to the next game where it was turn.  That now button now renders a blank page.

2) I'm no longer receiving any emails from WG related to game ends or turn notices.  Is that just me or is this a broader issue?

2. #2 / 11
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

1) Still works for me, though I often have to hit it twice

2) I don't do the emails so don't know.

3. #3 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i was in the middle of answering when i got pulled away.

1) same as Amidon

2) i had a couple emails earlier today (i get emails about games i get elim'd in in case i don't see it happen)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 11
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I tried to post a screen shot, but imgBB doesnt work

Edited Fri 8th Jan 12:55 [history]

5. #5 / 11
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Can anyone recommend a image host that will work here? I tried ImgBB, but that's not working. 

Screen shot available at:  https://ibb.co/cxyrnQS 

Edited Fri 8th Jan 12:56 [history]

6. #6 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'm suspecting the paste image on the forums is broke (i've already got a PM out to tom). 

can you clarify what we're trying to look at? (maybe include a capture with the address link). My guess is this is what it looks like when following the link for "X Turns Waiting" as opposed to "My Games"? 

I'll see what I can see next time I have a turn available. 

UPDATE: 

this is my "X turns waiting"

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Fri 8th Jan 23:13 [history]

7. #7 / 11
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

(Sidebar) @WT:   As someone who has played the dark version of WG for as long as I can remember, looking at your screenshot is making my head implode.  You get so used to things looking a certain way that when they don't, it's a mind-F.

8. #8 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

(Sidebar) @WT:   As someone who has played the dark version of WG for as long as I can remember, looking at your screenshot is making my head implode.  You get so used to things looking a certain way that when they don't, it's a mind-F.

right back at ya! it's hard for me to look at the dark mode too.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #9 / 11
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

I thought the same thing -

10. #10 / 11
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Replying to #1:    I believe that you have to hit the "Next Turn" button twice because there's some shenanigans happening in the background which hasn't marked your turn on the current game as done yet.   You might have hit the "End Turn" button, but your turn in this game isn't marked (in the DB behind the website) as completed yet.   So when you press the button the code query that says "go find this users next game where it's still their turn" produces a link to the same game you just played. 

Ultimately, I wholeheartedly predict that Tom has a set of very active hamsters running on wheels in some back room, that have to finish some long division math worksheets before they actually mark that turn as "complete" in the database, and you're just clicking the button before they're done.

My only evidence of this is when I count to 5 in my head (giving those Hamsters a fighting chance to finish their work) before I hit the "Next Turn" button that it will work the first time I press it.  But again, this is just my perception, not necessarily reality.

11. #11 / 11
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

Replying to #1:    I believe that you have to hit the "Next Turn" button twice because there's some shenanigans happening in the background which hasn't marked your turn on the current game as done yet.   You might have hit the "End Turn" button, but your turn in this game isn't marked (in the DB behind the website) as completed yet.   So when you press the button the code query that says "go find this users next game where it's still their turn" produces a link to the same game you just played. 

Ultimately, I wholeheartedly predict that Tom has a set of very active hamsters running on wheels in some back room, that have to finish some long division math worksheets before they actually mark that turn as "complete" in the database, and you're just clicking the button before they're done.

My only evidence of this is when I count to 5 in my head (giving those Hamsters a fighting chance to finish their work) before I hit the "Next Turn" button that it will work the first time I press it.  But again, this is just my perception, not necessarily reality.

This has been pretty much my same experience. Wait and it does the next one. Click immediately and you get the same game.

Like to play unique boards come join the Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)