Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Are you a creator or a joiner?

Do you play 3 day limit or live games?

Personally I think I am very active in hosting the games I want to play. 3 day, medium fog, lots of players is my jam. I'll usually throw up 20 or so games and hope most go live within a few weeks.

I rarely search the active list for games just to spice things up, and almost never play tournaments.

Curious how people use this website.

Off Topic!

2. #2 / 8
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'm mainly a joiner. Look around for games/tournaments that could be interesting and generally find something good enough. Occasionally I create games or even tournaments but that has got to be significantly less than 10% of what I play. Tournament games make up the biggest part.

I used to prefer 1-day timer but these days I'm glad to have two or three. 

3. #3 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I am so bored at the moment I bet I take most turns within a few hours of it being mine unless im asleep.

I need that 3 day timer for the occasional weekend bender that won't see me really surface Friday->Sunday Evening.

Off Topic!

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I only host on weird boards I want to get on going on like Walking Dead. Most of the time I join games as the last player or almost full as having 6 games waiting to fill up on my list is annoying. Used to prefer 1 day timer but now I prefer the two or three day timer and sometimes things come up first thing in morning when I'd normally take my turns and then I forget the rest of day as out of routine.

5. #5 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I have curated my Board list to hide the boards that I don't want to play on right now. So when I click on "join game" I see games on boards that currently interest me. I wish I could fine tune it more because many boards I want to only play at certain fog levels or with certain numbers of people or only on certain scenarios.

Every few days or so I go to the Join Game list and join those that I want to play and x out those that I don't. It works since the boards I like to play generally aren't super-popular so not a lot of games get started on them. I do start games once in a while on boards that I haven't played on in a bit. (Once in a while I do go on a Wargear Warfare kick and join a bunch of those, but generally I keep it hidden.)

I play 3-day games because I don't want to have to worry about Wargear over the weekend if I don't have to. 

6. #6 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

I have curated my Board list to hide the boards that I don't want to play on right now. So when I click on "join game" I see games on boards that currently interest me. I wish I could fine tune it more because many boards I want to only play at certain fog levels or with certain numbers of people or only on certain scenarios.

Every few days or so I go to the Join Game list and join those that I want to play and x out those that I don't. It works since the boards I like to play generally aren't super-popular so not a lot of games get started on them. I do start games once in a while on boards that I haven't played on in a bit. (Once in a while I do go on a Wargear Warfare kick and join a bunch of those, but generally I keep it hidden.)

I play 3-day games because I don't want to have to worry about Wargear over the weekend if I don't have to. 

I didn't know you could hide boards!

Tho tbf fair the list is only usually a 20 or so long once you filter for 3 day games.

Off Topic!

7. #7 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

Tho tbf fair the list is only usually a 20 or so long once you filter for 3 day games.

Hiding them also helps me not give into temptation since I need to actively work to keep my game count down. If I don't see it, I can't join it. (Which is another reason I am slavish to only playing 3-day games)

8. #8 / 8
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

A mix, for me.

I rarely join tournaments unless somebody asks me and I never create them.

I join lots of games from the join list. Games with fog, or WGWF and its variants. I create games on boards I want points on, or enjoy playing. I never create 1v1s but I'll commonly join them (usually in the afternoon when I'm procrastinating and want a quick fix). My game list is between 50-60 games and is probably around 2/3 joined and 1/3 created.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)