182 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Long time listener, first time caller...

I would like to know if any of the follwing are possible:

• Differnt Win Condition for different seats in a 2 player game
    • 2 territories needed for Win Condition
    • Multiple territories needed for a Win Condition
    • Turn back time so Batman v Superman was never made.

The map that I am making could be done with my current understanding of Win Conditions, but it would be a lame work around. The setup for the silly map is already complicated enough, so I'd like to make the Win Conditions simple and easy to understand.

2. #2 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

1. Different Win Condition for different seats in a 2 player game
    2. 2 territories needed for Win Condition
    3. Multiple territories needed for a Win Condition
    4. Turn back time so Batman v Superman was never made.
    1. Sure, but with a number of caveats/restrictions.
    2. Sure, and they don't necessarily have to be the same two territories for each player.
    3. Yes, See above.
    4. Only in alternate realities.

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Welcome to the show! You're live on the air.

1. Yes. For Example my board: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Battle+of+Bladensburg
    2. Yes, but unfortunately there is no "Capture Continent" win condition. So as in the above board you can have a continent that auto-captures the "Capture Territory" territory. This has the side effect of triggering the win condition on the following turn, thus requiring the player to hold onto those territories a full round.
    3. Same as #2. Another example: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Quantum+Entanglement
    4. Already done. Unfortunately you are suffering from a severe case of Acute Mandelitis. The good news is, with medication and therapy, the symptoms (along with your prefrontal cortex) can be almost completely eradicated.

4. #4 / 7
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

3. There are even ways to make it so that players just need to get X of Y territories to win. For example, control 4 out of 7 power crystals to win. See Thingol's board Subterfuge: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Subterfuge

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ok, so the next question is how do I do it? Viewing the map isn't really clearing it up for me.

Ideally, I would like the win conditiion for 1 player to be taking control of a single territory, and the win condition of the other player to be getting 3 of 5 territories. Yes, it sounds unbalanced, but it shouldn't be with the setup.

6. #6 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

One territory is the easy part.  There's a "Win Condition" column on the top level design page.  Set it to "Capture Territory."  (for both players).

3 out of 5 can be done but it's awkward.  There are 10 possible combinations of 3 territories given 5 to choose from. Make 10 corresponding factories and have them Autocapture an off board  territory.  Make that territory a "Win Condition" for the 3/5 player.  The awkward part of this solution is that the win will be delayed until the start of that player's turn.

If you're OK with that, but don't like the fact that the player who only has to take one territory gets a tempo advantage, make a factory composed of that player's single win territory and point it to a separate "dedicated" off-board "Win Condition" territory for that player.

Edited Mon 24th Aug 07:17 [history]

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yep, as M/Korrun/Kjeld point out, the current mechanism requires the 1 turn delay. No way around it presently.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)