1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #21 / 73
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

General Von Arsslichen wrote:
    Sometimes my PTSD gets the better of me and I get annoyed. But I do hope they come forward. We can only wait and see.

Can we stop having excuses from players for being a dick? We're not your therapy session.

Off Topic!

2. #22 / 73
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, "Is Dud a cheater"? And I tell them look, we know what cheating is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of cheating you can imagine. Oh my god, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the dice rolls. Its terrible. Its just terrible. Look, if you want to know what a cheater is, do you want to know what a cheater is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 6, by the way I love the number 6. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number 6 but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Dud, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, "10101000101", on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these dice and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the cheating than me. You wouldn't believe it. That I can tell you. So, we're gonna be the best on cheating, believe me. OK? Alright. We gonna knock the hell out of ISIS, believe me, Thank You, Thank you, Thank you.

I really want to up vote this. Really captures the prose.  

3. #23 / 73
    Standard Member TenaciousLee
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

How would one cheat on this site anyway? I've seen a few accusations (never been accused personally at least not to my face) and I've run into players that certainly seem to have advantages that I don't get, but not to the point where Ive thought they were cheating. I wouldn't even know how that looks... lol

4. #24 / 73
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I’m not sure this should be answered - would give folks ideas.

5. #25 / 73
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Not sure what you mean by 'advantages' but the game cannot be cheated in the dice, or troops, or anything like that.

6. #26 / 73
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

The main form of cheating on this site is players who have two or more accounts and use them in the same game to have an unfair advantage in multiplayer games. Several of us have reported those cheaters and Tom has banned players from the site that he has been able to confirm as cheaters.

Dud is not a cheater, he's just a better player than most of us, and he's a great person as well

7. #27 / 73
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think we're on to something here.  This is suppose to be a game of luck with dice and all, right?  No one should have an "advantage."  That's why I propose that people with superior strategic and tactical skills should have to use 5-sided dice once they attain the rank of General. I also propose that if you have an H-rating of over 65%, you shouldn't get any cards until your win percentage falls below that threshold.

We can fix this!

8. #28 / 73
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think a golfing handicap system would be hilarious.

Off Topic!

9. #29 / 73
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I think we are getting close to a revolutionary idea - one that will change WarGear for ever -

We need a formula that gives a lower ranked person more units at the beginning of the game based on the differential in board score - something with logarithms in it -

10. #30 / 73
    Premium Member Babbalouie
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hearsay is not acceptable. Dud is no cheat.

11. #31 / 73
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

- something with logarithms in it -

Logarithms get me all warm and fuzzy inside. ;P  We should use them just because we can.

12. #32 / 73
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

{#emotions_dlg.rofl}

Like to play unique boards come join the Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

13. #33 / 73
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

Something to be said for it. Yesterday I had a ripper of a match with an 84 year old woman who couldn't hit it more than 110 yards and must have been 115 off the stick. Took it on the last hole pulling a double bogey out of her hat!

14. #34 / 73
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:
    Aiken Drumn wrote:

Something to be said for it. Yesterday I had a ripper of a match with an 84 year old woman who couldn't hit it more than 110 yards and must have been 115 off the stick. Took it on the last hole pulling a double bogey out of her hat!

That sounds like quite the painful round of golf. 

15. #35 / 73
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The main form of cheating on this site is players who have given Tom money for their accounts to have certain "advantages".

16. #36 / 73
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

The main form of cheating on this site is players who have given Tom money for their accounts to have certain "advantages".

which are..??

I wouldn't call Premium membership features related to gameplay 'advantages' so much as I would call them 'conveniences.' For instance keeping a current count of bonuses, armies and those for all visible armies on the board.  Premium members don't get any information that a Standard player can't figure out for themselves, but the information you do get is admittedly relevant and therefore very helpful.  I'm a Standard member these days and my game count will stay low ..not because I have a ten game limit, but because I miss the stats and the game is not as fun without them.

Luck stats  (a cool Premium feature) do nothing for your game, ..though they do enable you to complain about how unlucky you were ..with the semblance of data to back your claim.

Edited Mon 15th Mar 16:58 [history]

17. #37 / 73
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Korrun wrote:

which are..??

I wouldn't call Premium membership features related to gameplay 'advantages' so much as I would call them 'conveniences.' For instance keeping a current count of bonuses, armies and those for all visible armies on the board.  Premium members don't get any information that a Standard player can't figure out for themselves, but the information you do get is admittedly relevant and therefore very helpful.  I'm a Standard member these days and my game count will stay low ..not because I have a ten game limit, but because I miss the stats and the game is not as fun without them.

Luck stats  (a cool Premium feature) do nothing for your game, ..though they do enable you to complain about how unlucky you were ..with the semblance of data to back your claim.

Korrun was just being sarcastic :) 

18. #38 / 73
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:

Korrun was just being sarcastic :) 

Well dammit, he should have used the sarcasm emoji!  ;)

19. #39 / 73
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Korrun wrote:

which are..??

Sure that's what you get for premium, but if you're willing to pay up for premium plus,.... 

20. #40 / 73
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Sure that's what you get for premium, but if you're willing to pay up for premium plus,.... 

Cheat Codes for sixes!??

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)