0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member Min Lei
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hey fellas

With all the great board designs, I'm kind of surprised there isn't a board recreating the Normandy invasion here.  Am I missing one?  If so, what's it called? 

I have no game-building skills, but a map of the English channel between South England and Northern France would be awesome.  paratroop actions (like the airports in Mobs of New York, or the space ports in 2210), sea lanes like Vikingr, multiple landing zone possibilities for fake outs, etc.  You could give the Axis powers increased defensive rolling in the coastal defense areas. Give the Allied air units increased attack rolling.  So many options.

Edited Sun 10th May 16:46 [history]

2. #2 / 4
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Great Idea!  I could also see the Iwo Jima mechanics working for the  Normandy Invasion. A few years back I think I considered a few WWII battles/scenarios.  The problem with WWII is a lot of scenarios are more unit driven and the standard Risk mechanic is so macro oriented that doesn't necessarily feel right - Regardless, it still would be fun to play WWII boards anyway.

Edited Sun 10th May 19:26 [history]

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Great Idea!  I could also see the Iwo Jima mechanics working for the  Normandy Invasion. A few years back I think I considered a few WWII battles/scenarios.  The problem with WWII is a lot of scenarios are more unit driven and the standard Risk mechanic is so macro oriented that doesn't necessarily feel right - Regardless, it still would be fun to play WWII boards anyway.

I was thinking the same thing.  This would be a great idea for Ozy to tackle, should he have the time. ;)

4. #4 / 4
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I don't have the time.  I barely have time to take a few turns at night.  Anyone, please feel free to rip-off (adapt) any Iwo Jima mechanics that you like.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)