177 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12345   (5 in total)
  1. #81 / 88
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

@Tom - Just throwing out a possibility for the culprit of some people (WT) being notified of Flash loading:  Is CometChat flash dependent?   It's one of the few things that you didn't directly code that is still active on this site, so maybe it needs to be updated (or potentially removed)?

2. #82 / 88
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

@Tom - Just throwing out a possibility for the culprit of some people (WT) being notified of Flash loading:  Is CometChat flash dependent?   It's one of the few things that you didn't directly code that is still active on this site, so maybe it needs to be updated (or potentially removed)?

Yes there must be something still throwing that warning, Comet chat could be the culprit!

3. #83 / 88
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

@tom if you need anyone to beta test the new designer I offer myself up as tribute! I have had my disagreements with the designer since my return and am really excited for any enhancements or changes.

Thanks Risky!

I would definitely caution about getting too excited - it's still the same Flash based Designer, it's just running in a standalone Adobe AIR application which means it's just like a standalone desktop application. The same Flash based code is running in the background so it will look and feel the same (for better or worse!).

It's going to be a massive task to convert it to another platform so this is the approach I'm taking in the interim.

If there's bugs in the Designer you need fixed then let me know as now is a good time to look at this stuff!

4. #84 / 88
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    If there's bugs in the Designer you need fixed then let me know as now is a good time to look at this stuff!

Neutral Factories don't seem to work. I am using them in my development map Return to Wolf 359 and they aren't working. I have gone through the documentation over and over and I think I am using it correctly and understanding what it is supposed to do. I want territories to only act as factories when they are not controled by a player, but not be a factory once player owned. 

It could very well be designer error/misunderstanding, but if it is I'm it's totally beyond my simple understanding.

Also, a design tool that just connects to my brain and then configures would be GREAT!!!!!

I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt

5. #85 / 88
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Designer no worky, right?

"Adobe Flash Player is out of date"

6. #86 / 88
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

correct (for now); he's working on porting a new free-share flash replacement. haven't heard an ETC

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #87 / 88
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

8. #88 / 88
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

The new Board Designer is ready to test: http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/5257/The_new_standalone_Board_Designer_is_ready_for_testing

throw comments, insights, etc over on that thread

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345   (5 in total)