205 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member Hartford
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have a game where the map image won’t load for either player, though other games work just fine. Does anyone know what the issue might be? It’s on Battle of Waterloo map in a tournament.

Thanks!

2. #2 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

3. #3 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I think there is something screwy with the games in that tourney.

Go to the "live" games for Battle of Waterloo

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Battle+of+Waterloo/Games%20List

And the games in that tourney have a different thumbnail.

When I try to load the game player for games in that tourney I get the thumbnail image and not the board image

When I load games not in that tourney I get the board image

Edited Tue 31st Mar 15:35 [history]

4. #4 / 10
    Premium Member Babbalouie
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yes. I created the tournament and now am unable to delete and set up another one. Can Tom or someone in his support group fix or delete it. 

5. #5 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In the meantime I set up another tournament “Bonaparte’s Revenge Revisited” so we just need to delete the original. Thank you.

6. #6 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

With Waterloo, at the time I was experimenting with making a Primary Board Image that was not part of the game, then creating a scenario with the correct board image.  Don't think that has anything to do with this particular problem, but weird things seem to be wonky wth that board every once in a while.  One in particular I have noticed is that the history of the game is usually not available immediately and/or unless you refresh the game completely.

Edited Sat 4th Apr 05:49 [history]

7. #7 / 10
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What i’ve found, M, is that for maps which have multiple scenarios, and if there is even the slightest bit of difference in territories between scenarios, the history gets a little wonky. Does Waterloo have multiple scenarios? Looks like no. But, did it ever have other scenarios which were since removed. I notice the only one there is Basic. Kind of implies that others were there or were planned...

Edited Sat 4th Apr 15:07 [history]

8. #8 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote: What i’ve found, M, is that for maps which have multiple scenarios, and if there is even the slightest bit of difference in territories between scenarios, the history gets a little wonky. Does Waterloo have multiple scenarios? Looks like no. But, did it ever have other scenarios which were since removed. I notice the only one there is Basic. Kind of implies that others were there or were planned...

Yeah, I think I had a "delayed" British Reinforcements scenario active for a while, but it turned out to not be as even a match as I had hoped.  As it sits right now it's pretty much a dead even board statistically speaking.  Seat 1 has 515 wins and Seat 2 has 517.  Generally speaking, I make fairness with respect to seat # a high priority with all of my designs.  Things like less armies for early players in the first round make a huge difference.  It's guesswork to be sure, but I'm pretty happy with how fair my boards seem to be turning out, especially with 2-4 players.

Edited Sat 4th Apr 16:59 [history]

9. #9 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Can someone please just delete the tournament. The replacement tournament has already started. 

10. #10 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Babbalouie wrote:

Can someone please just delete the tournament. The replacement tournament has already started. 

I think only tom can do that

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)