221 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 22
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

So there's a previous thread about longest game, but it seems it was focused on length of time per game (http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4914/Longest_game).

How about number of rounds? I have a BoB game against Babbalouie that's at 768 rounds, with no end in sight: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/632823

Who can top that?

2. #2 / 22
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I had a BoB game that lasted for ages even with rounds coming and going quickly, and eventually had to be (or at least was) terminated. It was that game that made me give up the board. I don't suppose it's possible to find back to that to see how many rounds it was, since we terminated? It won't have been 768 but it must be my personal record.

Pretty sure I've never seen anything close to 768. 

Edited Fri 14th Dec 14:42 [history]

3. #3 / 22
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What is it about that map that lends itself to super long games?

4. #4 / 22
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:

I had a BoB game that lasted for ages even with rounds coming and going quickly, and eventually had to be (or at least was) terminated. It was that game that made me give up the board. I don't suppose it's possible to find back to that to see how many rounds it was, since we terminated? It won't have been 768 but it must be my personal record.

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/557437

Not sure how many rounds that is, but with card trades at 9, definitely a long way from Chele's. That is a crazy long one!

Also, terminating was a good choice. Looks like with good play, the Americans would have prevailed eventually. ;)

5. #5 / 22
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:
    Litotes wrote:

Not sure how many rounds that is, but with card trades at 9, definitely a long way from Chele's. That is a crazy long one!

Also, terminating was a good choice. Looks like with good play, the Americans would have prevailed eventually. ;)

It wasn't nearly as long as I remembered it. My memory playing tricks on me, was fairly new on the site then and hindsight making initial impressions bigger than they were. I have longer games than that elsewhere.

What card set is Chele's game on now? I can't see from the link.

6. #6 / 22
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:
    Korrun wrote:
    Litotes wrote:

It wasn't nearly as long as I remembered it. My memory playing tricks on me, was fairly new on the site then and hindsight making initial impressions bigger than they were. I have longer games than that elsewhere.

What card set is Chele's game on now? I can't see from the link.

7. #7 / 22
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote: What is it about that map that lends itself to super long games?

Factory bonuses and unit caps on each territory. If both players play defensively at the beginning, then you get a lot of units on the board defending, but still the same number attacking.

8. #8 / 22
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Babba and I both play very aggressively, though we have different attacking styles, and Babba is more aggressive than I am. He's often been the one dictating where the battles take place on this board. We've gone back and forth in terms of who has a slight advantage, but it isn't leading to a resolution any time soon (or maybe ever). I want to get to 1,000 rounds and see where we're at by then

9. #9 / 22
    Premium Member Babbalouie
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

👍

10. #10 / 22
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've had some long games with berickf. Never let it go that far before terminating though. I suppose technically someone will eventually have enough of a dice swing to win the game. Just a matter of how likely that is to happen before the heat death of the universe...

11. #11 / 22
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Would the removal of unit caps open things up too much?

12. #12 / 22
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

On a related note: Why don't you guys just agree to terminate the game and give sirdakka his well deserved trophy?

13. #13 / 22
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:

On a related note: Why don't you guys just agree to terminate the game and give sirdakka his well deserved trophy?

14. #14 / 22
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sorry Pratik but I totally disagree. sirdakka will get his well deserved trophy but there is definitely no hurry. This site is about having fun and Chele and I are definitely having fun trying out different attack methods and different strategies. We are currently on ROUND 802 with no end in sight. Also, there are several tournaments older than this one. When will Andernut get his much deserved trophy in the Tiburon tournament? Repeat, no hurry. When it comes, it comes. No one can take it away.

15. #15 / 22
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Babbalouie wrote: Sorry Pratik but I totally disagree. sirdakka will get his well deserved trophy but there is definitely no hurry. This site is about having fun and Chele and I are definitely having fun trying out different attack methods and different strategies. We are currently on ROUND 802 with no end in sight. Also, there are several tournaments older than this one. When will Andernut get his much deserved trophy in the Tiburon tournament? Repeat, no hurry. When it comes, it comes. No one can take it away.

Fair enough

16. #16 / 22
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

The tournament started August 8th? Yeah, that's not a long tourney by any means, in terms of time spent. 

Good thing when this game first happened it was between to players who are known to be fast between turns :) 

17. #17 / 22
    Premium Member sirdakka
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I only just noticed that this tourny was still ticking along. I think I've only once approached 300 rounds on this board with Chele, I'd love to be an observer for this one :D

18. #18 / 22
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

sirdakka's first forum post, yay! 

Hopefully you'll be able to see the game once it's over, though both Babba and I have given up on viewing history, as it takes way to long to load it

19. #19 / 22
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

We're at 1,060 rounds as of right now

20. #20 / 22
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I wouldn't recommend trying to watch history of that game for anyone. I doubt it will be able to load at all. That's what happened in another game (DEV) where history went too far - a truckload of factories meant each invididual turn took a lot of space. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)