221 Open Daily games
5 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 18
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Not sure if we have this one yet, but I think it would be cool to have some type of medal/award (for persistence) for players playing X boards to have atleast 1 win on every board played. I know, every once in awhile, I look at my stats and I hate the rows that show a 0% win percentage. I was thinking x would be atleast 30 boards.

2. #2 / 18
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

You too? I've always been annoyed at my 0% board wins :) I don't think I'll ever get rid of all of them, but I have made an effort to reduce them by playing on until a first win for some, at least.

On last count I've played public games on 63 different boards and have ten 0% wins.

Edited Sat 9th Jun 03:26 [history]

3. #3 / 18
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I found this link on the wiki, which needs to be deleted or updated.

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=general_features:achievement_system&s[]=medals

Note that the achievement you are describing is included in the list of proposed medals

Here is a list (I don't know if it's up to day or not) from Tom.

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/3360p1/WarGear_Achievements ; (post #20)

These should probably be post to the Wiki

4. #4 / 18
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You are awesome at finding the pertinent threads M. I went thru both links though and didn't see exactly the proposal I'm making, however.

I see achievements (and that was the word I was searching for but couldn't think of, so thanks for that) for # of boards played and for obtaining the top spot or obtaining atleast 1 CP on # of boards.

5. #5 / 18
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

btw Litotes, I have 0% on 44 boards - I wish I could say only 10, lol.

6. #6 / 18
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

btw Litotes, I have 0% on 44 boards - I wish I could say only 10, lol.

You've played on a lot more boards, though.

7. #7 / 18
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The biggest problem with implementing something like that is that it would involve changing the meaning of achievements. Right now, you can not un-achieve anything. Once you have an achievement, it stays with you. By this definition, this achievement can come and go multiple times.

I have 10 out of 40 public regular boards with 0%. All of which are only 1 game played.

If I include public tournaments (both combined), it is at 9 out of 43 played.

8. #8 / 18
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Are you sure about that Pratik? I could have swore I lost an achievement or two over time. For example, what happens if you're an enemy of someone and later that person takes the enemy off of you? 

9. #9 / 18
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I don't think it should be set up to be "unachieved". If you got it, you should keep it. Just like the win streak ones, they stay with you after the next loss. So it should be perfectly possible to have this one even with ten 0% boards if you at one stage had a win on all boards (and at least 30 played).

10. #10 / 18
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

Are you sure about that Pratik? I could have swore I lost an achievement or two over time. For example, what happens if you're an enemy of someone and later that person takes the enemy off of you? 

Reasonably sure, yes.

The wording "friended by a player" makes it evident. At one point, someone had you as a friend (or enemy).

Anyway, what makes me sure is the win streak achievement. My highest win streak was 16 (or maybe it was 17). When I crossed 15, I got the "Ultra Winstreak" achievement for 15 in a row. But then at some point, there was a recalc, and my highest win streak was reduced to 14 (I never figured out why those games were deleted). So now, my profile shows highest win streak at 14. But I still have the "Ultra Winstreak" achievement from the time I reached 15 wins. And doing the "Check achievements" has not taken it away either.

Edited Sun 10th Jun 07:34 [history]

11. #11 / 18
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:

I don't think it should be set up to be "unachieved". If you got it, you should keep it. Just like the win streak ones, they stay with you after the next loss. So it should be perfectly possible to have this one even with ten 0% boards if you at one stage had a win on all boards (and at least 30 played).

That could be done, yes. As long as the minimum number is large enough (30 sounds good. 25 would be good too.)

But, if I understand it correctly, that takes the original intention of the OP.

Edited Sun 10th Jun 07:36 [history]

12. #12 / 18
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

Of course, you could have "lost" an achievement, when you received an upgraded version of the same achievement. You could be used to seeing a particular picture, which you don't recognize anymore because of the different picture in the upgraded version.

13. #13 / 18
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I love this idea.  It would be cool to have several different levels:

Win on at least 1 board (I think this exists)

Win on {10,25,50,100,200} different boards.

14. #14 / 18
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I love this idea.  It would be cool to have several different levels:

Win on at least 1 board (I think this exists)

Win on {10,25,50,100,200} different boards.

Win on 1 board is the same as the existing win 1 game, isn't it? The others would be nice adds. 

15. #15 / 18
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

And it would encourage players to try new boards.

16. #16 / 18
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like this idea, having a win on 30 different boards is definitely an achievement.  Those who play a diverse selection of boards accept the fact that their stats are likely to take a hit than if we specialized in the boards we are best at. There should be an accolade for successfully letting loose and enjoying a plethora of boards.

17. #17 / 18
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think I have public wins on 56 boards. A lot more than that with 0 wins. Although some of those have tournament or team wins. I think just number of boards with wins would make more sense for the achievements than percentage.

Speaking of achievements disappearing because they got replaced by better ones, there are several achievements that should be replacing the smaller ones. Board rating, fog, and tournament achievements look like they should be leveling up instead of being separate slots.

18. #18 / 18
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I've actually won on 69 boards, more than I thought, if we include team games and tournaments. An achievement for reaching 10, 25, 50 and 100 sounds like a good idea to me.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)