Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've added the following scenarios to Go-Geared:

d1 Quickstart 9x: The game starts with 11 singles on a 9x9 board, 6 of which are randomly allocated to selected positions.

d8 Quickstart 9x: same as above with 8-sided dice.

d1 Quickstart 11x: It's a larger board (11x11) so the game starts with 19 singles, 10 of which are randomly allocated to selected positions.

d8 Quickstart 11x: same as above with 8-sided dice.

d1 Random Blanks 9x: Each player starts with 17 randomly allocated "blanks" (zeros).

d1 Random Blanks 11x: Each player starts with 25 randomly allocated blanks.

Notes:

Because the starting Quickstart stones are 'singles', those scenarios perform as advertised. Interestingly, and at least in Dev play, these scenarios call into question the currently popular strategy of gaining control of the center early in the game because of the development of multiple fronts.

The Random Blank scenarios put a bit of a wacky twist on the game. Over 40 percent of the board starts out with blanks (zeros), a few of which may cause factories to kick in and start you off with some singles. The wacky part: Those of you who are familiar with the game know that though blanks serve a constructive purpose, they can also be annoying liabilities that can be taken advantage of by your opponent.  This scenario has an almost 'out of control' feel to it.

Please feel free to PM me or comment here if you find any bugs, or if you have any nits or suggestions regarding the starting positions ..or anything really. Also, I'd like thank and acknowledge Litotes for his Dev play patience.

Edited Sat 2nd Jun 09:49 [history]

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M, I'd like to try this map. It's got such great reviews from a lot of my favorite players. What scenario is best to start on?

3. #3 / 4
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

M, I'd like to try this map. It's got such great reviews from a lot of my favorite players. What scenario is best to start on?

I'd say 1d 9x or 11x scenarios are the best to start on because they force you to develop good habits.

I'll invite you to a private game.

4. #4 / 4
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

I've added the following scenarios to Go-Geared:

d1 Quickstart 9x: The game starts with 11 singles on a 9x9 board, 6 of which are randomly allocated to selected positions.

d8 Quickstart 9x: same as above with 8-sided dice.

d1 Quickstart 11x: It's a larger board (11x11) so the game starts with 19 singles, 10 of which are randomly allocated to selected positions.

d8 Quickstart 11x: same as above with 8-sided dice.

d1 Random Blanks 9x: Each player starts with 17 randomly allocated "blanks" (zeros).

d1 Random Blanks 11x: Each player starts with 25 randomly allocated blanks.

Notes:

Because the starting Quickstart stones are 'singles', those scenarios perform as advertised. Interestingly, and at least in Dev play, these scenarios call into question the currently popular strategy of gaining control of the center early in the game because of the development of multiple fronts.

The Random Blank scenarios put a bit of a wacky twist on the game. Over 40 percent of the board starts out with blanks (zeros), a few of which may cause factories to kick in and start you off with some singles. The wacky part: Those of you who are familiar with the game know that though blanks serve a constructive purpose, they can also be annoying liabilities that can be taken advantage of by your opponent.  This scenario has an almost 'out of control' feel to it.

Please feel free to PM me or comment here if you find any bugs, or if you have any nits or suggestions regarding the starting positions ..or anything really. Also, I'd like thank and acknowledge Litotes for his Dev play patience.

Sweet! I'll give these a try when I come back in late summer

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)