184 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 15
    Premium Member smess2
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I was set up to eliminate an opponent, auto trade, eliminate another opponent, auto trade again and basically win the game. I missed one territory and lost the game....

2. #2 / 15
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Very smessy of you. {#emotions_dlg.nono}

3. #3 / 15
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I think that's happened to pretty much everyone in here that has been active for a while.  Unless they only play Seven/Five/Dejeweled that sort of games. 

I wish you better luck for future games :)

4. #4 / 15
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I've definitely done that on WGW board, sometimes it's not even missing a territory, but doing the wrong attack sequence or transferring too little / too many armies that has doomed me, but at least they're all good learning experiences

5. #5 / 15
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I just recently was trying to weaken a territory, so that my main army could take it and move through, and i accidentally took the territory and blocked my main army... :(

6. #6 / 15
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Lol, we've all done that a time or two...(slapping forehead)

7. #7 / 15
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The main bad move I make is deciding that this time I'll make it through a whole real time game. I always fall asleep.

8. #8 / 15
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

The main bad move I make is deciding that this time I'll make it through a whole real time game. I always fall asleep.

I gave up on RT - though if you can pair a custom setting with the right board, it can work and move reasonably well.  For instance a dueling map like Go-Geared where you have a 2 move maximum makes it so that you can easily play a move-a-minute game.

9. #9 / 15
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

"What the . . . how the . . . ? Oh no!"

Ever attack your partner, instead of fortifying to them before? Feels about the same, probably worse, since you're letting down your partner too. :) Oh well. I've done it once or twice this decade. 😂

10. #10 / 15
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Has happened to me twice in the last few months. Easy for me to remember because I only play about 8 games at a time which makes it even more painful.

https://www.wargear.net/games/player/81334116

https://www.wargear.net/games/view/81329279

11. #11 / 15
    Premium Member Silver Fox
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Done both of these things, the worst feeling is missing the one territory. For me it is often Japan or an Aussie territory. So much a strategy thing but also the sick feeling of assuming you are going to capture some cards and losing an 11V3 or 15V4 and leaving crumbs for the next guy

12. #12 / 15
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Japan, definitely Japan. :)

13. #13 / 15
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

The one that burns me SO OFTEN is not noticing that my opponent does NOT have Madagascar. I waste a turn (or worse, multiple turns) making sure they don't get their +3 bonus when in fact, they don't have it :-)

14. #14 / 15
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

And ... another type of bad move ... many-player (10 in this case) games where you don't see one of your own territories (even when highlighting them) and prematurely turn in for the first card set of the game because you know you won't survive the round.

WHY DIDN'T I SEE YOU, ICELAND, WITH YOUR 8 ARMIES???? Oops.

15. #15 / 15
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:Korrun wrote:The main bad move I make is deciding that this time I'll make it through a whole real time game. I always fall asleep.
    I gave up on RT - though if you can pair a custom setting with the right board, it can work and move reasonably well. For instance a dueling map like Go-Geared where you have a 2 move maximum makes it so that you can easily play a move-a-minute game.

Or just try chess clock style. Fischer clock with 5/0/5. On WGW it works really well, but you need to plan your attacks in advance, otherwise you will likely run out of time. Guaranteed to end within 10 minutes, tops.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)