218 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member AP0CALYP5E
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

My friends and I just started playing on Wargear (I played a bit 7yrs ago). We would really like to be able create a map and select an option that allows us to take turns selecting our territories. Is this possible, because I cannot find a way to do it?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. #2 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

'create' a map...does that mean start a game on a particular map (board is the normal nomenclature here), or actually develop a new map (board)? 

select territories is an option that board designers can allow for game setup. but unless the designer has allowed that, there is no way for someone to start a game that way.

there are a couple boards that have that option (isles of kjeldor comes to mind) - i or someone will have to find more of those, as i don't think you can filter on that option (i could be wrong there tho).

Another option is to find some boards that you like and contact the designer with the request to create a new scenario with that option enabled. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 11
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks Weathertop, you answered my question. I meant how do i select a made board so that we can select the territories placement ourselves. I remembered you trying to help me create a map years ago. Glad to see you are still here offering advice.

If anyone knows offhand boards that allow the aforementioned option, I'd love to take a look them.

4. #4 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Pirates of the Caribbean has "simuplace".  Not sure if that is what you re looking for - http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Pirates+of+the+Caribbean

If you see any of my boards:

http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Ozyman/Board%20Designs

That you would like any additional options on, please contact me and I would be happy to work with you to get a scenario added for you.

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Another map - Ancient Isles of Kjeldor

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Ancient+Isles+of+Kjeldor

6. #6 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i don't think he wants simulplace. i think he wants Territory Selection as "Turn Based" instead of Automatic. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

Another map - Ancient Isles of Kjeldor

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Ancient+Isles+of+Kjeldor

Ancient Isles is Simultaneous placement (i was wrong that it was turn based).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

and i've confirmed there's not a filter for territory selection. not sure the best way to go about getting a list. maybe tom can add a filter for territory selection - or add a tag for that - or add that as a override (similar to fog) in game setup (tho that would have to be disallowed by the designer in some cases, thinking those that need specific territories allocated to certain players/neutral)? 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Wed 21st Feb 12:52 [history]

9. #9 / 11
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

The two places I think this exists is the Twist scenario on Micro Mission and the Turn Territory and Simul Unit scenario on Global Warfare.

For Global Warfare if you wanted another set of rules I could make a scenario for you. Same with any of my boards.

Welcome (back) to you and your friends -

Edited Wed 21st Feb 13:05 [history]

10. #10 / 11
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Wow guys, what an awesome response from all of you. Ill take a look at some of your maps and let you know. What a great online community!

11. #11 / 11
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

AP0CALYP5E wrote:

Wow guys, what an awesome response from all of you. Ill take a look at some of your maps and let you know. What a great online community!

It really is!

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)