Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 33
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:
    Johasi Vidad wrote:

I went and cleared mine again after the migration and it's only showing new ones now

I too cleared mine again after the server migration.

But now all appear again. Even the ones I had hidden.

But if you hide them again, they still appear?

And yeah, now would be a good time for reindexing the stats.

2. #22 / 33
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Johasi Vidad wrote:
    Pratik wrote:
    Litotes wrote:

Do you think the "double loss" occurrences which has been known to happen if you surrender are also solved? 

I haven't been in the same scenario yet.

All the double losses (or double wins) that I faced in the past 2 months were when someone surrendered on Go-Geared. Not on any other board. I haven't played that board since, so hard to say. (It wasn't counted double everytime someone surrendered, just a lot of times).

My guess would be that the problem was linked with the other server side issues (first time the ranking change was counted, the site did not register it and counted it again). And thus, it *should* be solved. But I don't have experience one way or the other yet.

Tom, doesn't all this get fixed during the reindexing?

Yes, I was planning to run a reindex once I'd confirmed that everything has settled down which it seems to have. I'll kick this off tomorrow all being well.

3. #23 / 33
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Stats have now been reindexed.

4. #24 / 33
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

The reindex was a spectacular failure. My stats have never been further away from the truth. I lost 50 public games played since yesterday, only two of which were supposed to disappear. My public ranking says 1937 on my profile and 2568 in my ranking history. A backup of stats before the reindex would be truly a lot better than what we have now.

5. #25 / 33
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

redshift wrote:
    Pratik wrote:
    Johasi Vidad wrote:

I went and cleared mine again after the migration and it's only showing new ones now

I too cleared mine again after the server migration.

But now all appear again. Even the ones I had hidden.

But if you hide them again, they still appear?

And yeah, now would be a good time for reindexing the stats.

I cleared them again yesterday. As of now, they stay hidden. But I certainly am not a big fan of having to hide everything every 2 weeks.

6. #26 / 33
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:
    tom wrote:

The reindex was a spectacular failure. My stats have never been further away from the truth. I lost 50 public games played since yesterday, only two of which were supposed to disappear. My public ranking says 1937 on my profile and 2568 in my ranking history. A backup of stats before the reindex would be truly a lot better than what we have now.

I second this. The stats are now completely wrong. In every possible way.

Before the reindex, my ranking score on my profile was around 2550(if I'm not mistaken). My ranking history score (which I always believed to be the correct one, since scores were never counted twice there) was just 4 points away.

Now, the score on my profile has dropped by almost 200 points. While the score in my ranking history has increased by almost 700 points. Something is seriously wrong.

7. #27 / 33
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Things are completely messed up. 100%

My score on WGWF, for example, has dropped by 250 points, while I am absolutely sure that I have never had a win counted double on that board.

Several of my championships points have disappeared.

For example, take a look at the message given to me after my win here: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/599553. It says:

Board Ranking Score Change
    P-Time: 1174/1144 x20 = 20
    New score = 1144 + 20 = 1164

You gained 1 championship point!
    You are ranked #5 on this board.
    You have 3 championship points on this board.
    You have a total of 23 championship points overall

This game is registered in my ranking history. And it was the last time I played this board. However, the board ranking (and my personal stats) has me listed as 1037.

Add to that, my tournament score dropped by 400 points.

I could go on. And I'm sure I'm not the only one having these problems. But I know my games the best, so I stuck to talking about that.

--------

Edit: On closer inspection, 100s of the games that I have played are not being counted. About 250 or so games. About 40% of all games that I have played are not being counted in my stats. For example, this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/585983 is not being counted in my stats for some reason. I am listed as having played 1 and won 0 on that board. I could list several more, if you want.

Edited Sat 9th Dec 06:21 [history]

8. #28 / 33
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

If it helps, looking at my board specific stats I see that everything I have done recently is counted. But a lot of games from the march - july period are missing. 

Edited Sat 9th Dec 08:29 [history]

9. #29 / 33
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:
    Litotes wrote:
    tom wrote:

I second this. The stats are now completely wrong. In every possible way.

Before the reindex, my ranking score on my profile was around 2550(if I'm not mistaken). My ranking history score (which I always believed to be the correct one, since scores were never counted twice there) was just 4 points away.

Now, the score on my profile has dropped by almost 200 points. While the score in my ranking history has increased by almost 700 points. Something is seriously wrong.

That's not exactly true as it counted the last calculation when multiple calculations from one game happened.

My GRS and CPs decreased in the profile and Rankings but the GRS in my Ranking History went up. My H Rating shot up to an incredible 77%. Something went really wrong.

Edited Sat 9th Dec 12:42 [history]

10. #30 / 33
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It simply looks like all games played between March 1st/2nd and early August have disappeared from the public ranking and player stats sections. But all games are counted in ranking history (with wrong ranking numbers) and present in games history.

11. #31 / 33
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:

It simply looks like all games played between March 1st/2nd and early August have disappeared from the public ranking and player stats sections. But all games are counted in ranking history (with wrong ranking numbers) and present in games history.

Nice finding.

12. #32 / 33
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

redshift wrote:
    Litotes wrote:

Nice finding.

Ditto!

13. #33 / 33
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks all - am working on it!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)