179 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Like Axes and Allies http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Axes+and+Allies .

Is it possible? If so, how does it work?

I played around a bit with the options. If I select team tournament, Teams per Game options disappear. Same happens on No Teams in Round Robin but for Swiss and Elim, options show up.

Will it be individual tournament with each player being randomly allocated to a different team on each round?

2. #2 / 3
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

As far as I know, the official tournament system doesn't support asymmetric team games. Thingol has occasionally manually run an AnA tournament, but it requires a lot of cooperation and a huge amount of offline work.

3. #3 / 3
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Ok, thanks. I realised my Championship code wouldn't properly display the game format for these type of boards as I do Players per Game/2 v Players per Game/2, since I only allow 2 teams per game in team tournaments. I'd have to fetch the info from the board page which would be a bit of work, but since it's not supported I don't need to change anything.

I guess one way for it to work would be to bench players. For example, in AnA it's 3v2, so teams would be of 3 and then one player would have to be benched when assigned to Axis.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)