Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Brigadier General Dud Dud is offline now
    Premium Member Dud
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It has been a while, can anyone catch me up to speed on this:

1.  After eliminating opponent and capturing cards, can I turn them in (Opponent cards of 4 plus mine of 3 make total 7), place reinforcements and keep playing my turn?

Thanks,

Dud

2. #2 / 10
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

If you look at the rules for the board, under the "cards" section, you'll see "Maximum number of cards allowed = 8"

So assuming your game doesn't have special rules, then no, you would NOT be allowed to trade.

3. #3 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Good to see you again Dud -

In Titans of Italy the maximum cards allowed is 8 so you wouldn't be forced to turn in because of that, but there is also an elimination bonus of 15 and 0 maximum reserves, so since you have to place those 15 you will get the opportunity to turn in and keep playing.  You aren't forced to turn in though.

Edited Fri 11th Aug 21:53 [history]

4. #4 / 10
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

A37 is schooling me then. I didn't know it worked that way.  I assumed that the elim bonus just gave you the option to place, not turn in.

Dud - I'd listen to A37 before me, because I trust his understanding over my own.

5. #5 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It can get pretty complicated.  For example in invention there is unlimited cards, but an elimination bonus of 10 and a maximum reserve of 50, so if you have 40 units in reserve, and eliminate someone you can go back and trade in cards, but otherwise you have to wait until the next turn to turn in cards.

6. #6 / 10
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

A37 is schooling me then. I didn't know it worked that way.  I assumed that the elim bonus just gave you the option to place, not turn in.

Dud - I'd listen to A37 before me, because I trust his understanding over my own.

When you're in Placement phase, you can allways trade. Elim bonus might put you in placement phase if you end up with more units than the max reserves setting, as Ozy said. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, reaching or passing max cards in the other phases (via card capture ofc) puts you directly in Placement phase and that's why you can trade.

Ozyman wrote:

It can get pretty complicated.  For example in invention there is unlimited cards, but an elimination bonus of 10 and a maximum reserve of 50, so if you have 40 units in reserve, and eliminate someone you can go back and trade in cards, but otherwise you have to wait until the next turn to turn in cards.

The gap is really big. Has anyone ever pulled that trick on Invention?

I like when the elim bonus is close to max reserves, just pulled the trick in Crystal Caves recently.

Edited Sat 12th Aug 14:44 [history]

7. #7 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

redshift wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

The gap is really big. Has anyone ever pulled that trick on Invention?

I like when the elim bonus is close to max reserves, just pulled the trick in Crystal Caves recently.

It really is kind of big.  Not sure if anyone actually takes advantage.  It'd have to be rare.   It's more constrained by the fact that I wanted a medium-small elimination bonus, but still wanted players to be able to keep a lot in reserve to aid in eliminations.

8. #8 / 10
    Brigadier General Dud Dud is offline now
    Premium Member Dud
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks guys!

9. #9 / 10
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Doesn't it have to be 41? In cards, equaling is enough because there's the extra card coming at the end of the turn which makes the total surpass, but in terms of units I don't think equaling is enough, at least would not make sense.

10. #10 / 10
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

redshift wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

Doesn't it have to be 41? In cards, equaling is enough because there's the extra card coming at the end of the turn which makes the total surpass, but in terms of units I don't think equaling is enough, at least would not make sense.

That is my understanding, but I'm not sure if I've ever tested it to verify that it works that way. I just always make sure I'll be over it if I'm trying to get back to placement after an elim.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)