1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi all - server has been recovered from a database outage. Turn timers have been reset and any boots will be reverted.

Sorry for the disruption again, this wasn't picked up by the alerting system so it wasn't addresses quickly - I'll make sure it is in future.

Tom

2. #2 / 11
    Standard Member zdisabled_8a7ed3fe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Boots and skips are not enabled, I don't think.  Just started a RT game that my opponent abandoned, but hasn't been skipped.

3. #3 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's been re-enabled now.

4. #4 / 11
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Glad to be back {#emotions_dlg.thumb}

5. #5 / 11
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

thanks Tom - Is there any way to be able to put up a notice when things are down? I was able to get to a log-in page, and even things like the home page was up, but I wasn't able to log in.  Every time that happens I feel like the problem could be on my end, and want to reset my password for fear of missing turns, etc..

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

6. #6 / 11
    Standard Member zdisabled_8a7ed3fe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

thanks Tom - Is there any way to be able to put up a notice when things are down? I was able to get to a log-in page, and even things like the home page was up, but I wasn't able to log in.  Every time that happens I feel like the problem could be on my end, and want to reset my password for fear of missing turns, etc..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/718316535015461/

Small group, but the few members are pretty quick to share the fact that it's not just you.

Also, the Forum and Public Ticker are normally public without logging in.  If the Forum disappeared and the Public Ticker looks weird, those are sure signs the site is malfunctioning - again, not just you. :)

7. #7 / 11
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

camel wrote:
    M57 wrote:

Small group, but the few members are pretty quick to share the fact that it's not just you.

Also, the Forum and Public Ticker are normally public without logging in.  If the Forum disappeared and the Public Ticker looks weird, those are sure signs the site is malfunctioning - again, not just you. :)

Joined! I was wigging out that I had f'd up my password somehow, and I'm travelling so I wondered if it was IP issues, or something crazy. It was only that there was no open daily games, that it might be bigger. 

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member Yclee0206
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

camel wrote:
    M57 wrote:

There is also a reddit for wargear. Its where I found out it wasn't just me... reddit-page

9. #9 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

HOLY CRAP...who set that up and how did we not know about it?!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

10. #10 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I thought about creating a reddit community for wargear long ago, but never thought it would take off.  I just subscribed to that one though.

11. #11 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

granted, after i looked at it; its not all that. but good place to have for future stuff.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)