175 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

How about updating the elim bonus to allow it to increase over time.  It might make sense for an elim bonus of 10 units in the first x turns, but later in the game, with high army counts, it wouldn't be a worthwhile incentive.

It might make sense to have the bonus updated every x turns, similar to the fatigue factor in simulplay (although that works in the opposite direction).

Edited Mon 15th May 11:38 [history]

2. #2 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah!  I think I suggested something like this years ago.  My suggestion was to be able to also give cards as an elimination bonus.  It's not as flexible, but I thought it was simple and elegant, and most of the time would work ok - since for most maps cards scale as you play, and ones that don't wouldn't usually need increasing elimination bonus either.

3. #3 / 5
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Cards as elim bonus works nice on boards with increasing scales. Could also link it to cards less directly maybe? Elimination gives (x times) whatever the next card set gives? Proper x to be decided separately on different boards.

4. #4 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That works too.  With cards you could do it like you do starting cards, so you could give someone a full set of cards, or just one card, or just 1 wild card, or 3 wild cards, etc.

5. #5 / 5
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Good idea, but not very high on my list of proposed designer features.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)