204 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member Mostly Harmless
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

For the past few weeks, I've experienced a problem where instead of getting the native player, I get the flash player. Of course, when it happens in my phone, it prevents me from playing. This seemed to have coincided with the server rebuild several weeks ago. I had initially presumed it had to do with the rebuild and didn't sweat it. But when it persisted and no one else reported it, I thought maybe somehow the problem was mine. I checked my settings and, to my surprise, my default player was set to flash instead of the native player as it had been. That fixed most of the games, but I'm still seeing games where the flash player is being used. I'm not positive, but I think some of the games were created after I reset my default player to native (I had thought maybe there were some cookies or server-side settings being saved that had assigned my player preference on a game-by-game basis).

Anyway, the bottome line is that I'm unable to play some games in the native player and I'd like to get that fixed. For example, this game always forces the flash player for me: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/565352

adTHANKSvance

2. #2 / 3
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hi Mostly Harmless,

I know that some of the old maze map scenarios were broken somehow and just didn't work on the native player.  I bet that game is one of them.  I never figured out how/why it happened, but recently I've been working on redoing the random maze board, and this failure to work on native player is one of the main reasons I am going back and putting the work in to redo the board.

Hopefully I am getting close to having the new maze board ready to go soon.  That won't affect any games started on the old version of the board, like your game, but hopefully it will at least solve the problem going forward.

3. #3 / 3
    Standard Member Mostly Harmless
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Hi Mostly Harmless,

I know that some of the old maze map scenarios were broken somehow and just didn't work on the native player.  I bet that game is one of them.  I never figured out how/why it happened, but recently I've been working on redoing the random maze board, and this failure to work on native player is one of the main reasons I am going back and putting the work in to redo the board.

Hopefully I am getting close to having the new maze board ready to go soon.  That won't affect any games started on the old version of the board, like your game, but hopefully it will at least solve the problem going forward.

That's fine.  I had mistakenly presumed that all maps supported the native player.   Thanks for the follow-up.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)