1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member CartographersClub
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Since Tom did the recalc I'm finding the designer to be quite problematic.  Whenever I try to do anything requiring a pull down menu it is not pulling down properly and then not locking in a selection, and if it does 'choose' a selection, it picks its own numbers to put in that have nothing to do with where I thought I was pointing and clicking.  Maybe it is just me, or my board is too big, or something, but it is killing my efforts.  I have resorted to doing some things by xml editing, but, sometimes I just want to make a quick change and don't want to have to pick through the xml.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Edited Mon 6th Mar 02:46 [history]

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Don't know, I'm not having any problem.

What is the size of your board? Not that I can necessarily tell that is the problem since I'm a novice designer, but if it isn't bigger than 1102x694 pixels, it can't be that.

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member CartographersClub
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

I meant xml size.

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

3509 lines so far. I have thousands of factories.

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Have you given in XML a bonus or a territory initial units that goes beyond what the designer allows? I haven't tried this yet to see what happens.

I'd suggest you make a new board, upload the images and play with the designer a bit to see if it is giving you problems or not. If not, export it to a file and copy the territories, continents and borders content from your big XML to your new one (don't forget to change the boardid from your copied content, easily done with a replace all). Upload the new XML to the new board and check how the designer is behaving.

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Don't know if related to your problem, but the Designer starts to get glitchy around 5k factories. The maximum I was able to insert was 5228 or something like that. Had to remove a scheme from my board because of that.

If no save is done after the XML is imported, if you export the XML it comes back with all the factories, so I don't know if it's possible to override the Designer. Haven't made that test.

7. #7 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

redshift wrote:

... around 5k factories....

Way to push thing to limits ....  

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    redshift wrote:

... around 5k factories....

Way to push thing to limits ....  

It's quite limiting, because some schemes require on-board and off-board combination of members and you need to do it for every seat. For example, if the maximum number of players allowed by the board is 10, the factory count for a given scheme is multiplied by 10, so a few hundred factories scheme immediately goes to the thousands.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)