184 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Has anyone played the old D&D module Lost Isle of Castanamir?

I'm thinking of designing a map for it.  For folks that did play it, it was a somewhat comedic adventure as portals spawned to random locations.  In other words, if you left one door and turned around to go back, you probably would not get back to the same room.

2. #2 / 11
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

That sounds like great potential for a fun unigue map

Board Rating Party - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4289/Board_Rating_Party

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

That sounds like great potential for a fun unigue map

Board Rating Party - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4289/Board_Rating_Party

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

4. #4 / 11
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I uploaded this map to the CartographersClub designer.  A couple things I ran into which were worrisome. In the past, when I've created maps, I was prompted to enter the map size. When I created this one, I was not prompted and my map, which is 1200x1200, does not completely fit in the designer. In fact, I'm missing a fair amount of the bottom of the map.  Secondly, I'm having a heck of a time editing territories. Never used to be a problem, but lately it's seldom when a click on a territory to edit actually takes...thus trying to reposition or rename a territory has become painful.

Edited Sat 3rd Dec 02:56 [history]

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member CartographersClub
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Yeah - still cannot edit some territories.  Bizarre!

- Thingol

6. #6 / 11
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've sort of had this happen.  I can't recall ever entering a board size, but I know typically once you save and reload the page, it automatically resizes based on the size of the image uploaded.  Let me log in and look.

7. #7 / 11
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The board size did reload and now that's fine.  Still having issues with editing of territories though.  It's very spotty on when it works. Even on my own designer, it's become spotty. This has only started happening the last 3 or 4 days. Never had a problem before that.

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I don't recall ever being prompted to enter a map size.

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You might want to try resizing the browser and/or using a higher resolution video set-up by either using a computer with a higher resolution screen or changing your computers preferred resolution.  I find opening the same board in the designer on different computers can give widely different results as to board visibility and the ability to access territories towards the bottom of the board.

10. #10 / 11
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

That's a good point.  Are you sure you're at 100%  Sizing can be weird when you zoom in.

11. #11 / 11
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have experienced that. Zooming in cuts off parts of the board in the designer.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)