205 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

created a dev game (and even got replies to it from folks who didn't join) and later, when I check the progress of the game, it's not to be found, no matter how I filter my games list.

2. #2 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Which board was it on? Ideally boardid if you have it. I'll try and track it down.

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Sure Tom - main board is 5836, I believe the particular scenario is 5839.

4. #4 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've searched the database and can't find any hidden games. The last game that you had joined and / or played in was http://www.wargear.net/games/view/526415 which ended normally.

The game in question could have fallen foul of the housekeeping script which deletes games that have been open for > 30 days.

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

No, it couldn't have been the 30 day rule - it disappeared on the same day it was created.

It's also not the first time this has happened.  It's occurred probably 3 or 4 times over the years.  It's not a big deal, however, and if it requires a lot of digging, than I would suggest it's not worth looking into.  I was able to create another game.  I was just a bit curious as to why it was happening.  

6. #6 / 7
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Ok, for troubleshooting purposes I should relate what happened when I did not accept the invite, which is  why I replied to Thingol via PM. Immediately after choosing to not accept the invite, my tab crashed before I could offer my reason in the message box. Upon attempting to return to the page via my browser history, instantly told me this game did not exist. So, I guess I broke it  ;)  Not sure if this helps, but I found this rather odd.

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I would rather say that the game broke when you were declining it hootz, not that you broke it.  {#emotions_dlg.thumb}

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)