184 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member WileECoyote
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I'm fairly new to this site and am intrigued by the amount of private messages and secret deals that go on.. I play conquer club a lot and on that site secret deals definitely count as cheating. Open deals are fine. What's the deal with warGear? Opinions please....

2. #2 / 11
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

3. #3 / 11
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

OK. Thanks.. It seems anything goes with a sort of chivalric code?

4. #4 / 11
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

WileECoyote wrote:

kI think that's a pretty good description of how it works. Technology is what it is.  Players gain or lose reputations based on their behavior.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

WileECoyote wrote:

Multiple accounts and pre-arranged alliances are a definite no. Being sportsmanlike and polite is generally a good idea, but not absolutely required. For everything else, if it can help you win, then go for it.

"We face each other as God intended. Sportsmanlike. No tricks, no weapons, skill against skill alone." - Fezzik

6. #6 / 11
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Thanks. Think I've got it... It's a bit more ambiguous than other sites, should be fun.

7. #7 / 11
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:
    "We face each other as God intended. Sportsmanlike. No tricks, no weapons, skill against skill alone." - Fezzik

"You mean: You'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"

-The man in Black

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

8. #8 / 11
    Premium Member Shredder
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Classic one Korrun and ratsy.  Better watch out WileECoyote -- we do use Iocane around these parts - there are Sicilians here...

9. #9 / 11
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    WileECoyote wrote:

kI think that's a pretty good description of how it works. Technology is what it is.  Players gain or lose reputations based on their behavior.

+1 

Act honorably and sensibly in both your alliances and in your game play, because your reputation is worth much more in the long term than any temporary advantage in a single game.  

You can end up that guy to be trusted on someone's flank until the end game or public enemy #1 to be taken out first at all costs. The first option wins a lot more.  =)

10. #10 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

WileECoyote wrote:

I'm fairly new to this site and am intrigued by the amount of private messages and secret deals that go on.. I play conquer club a lot and on that site secret deals definitely count as cheating.

I'm very curious - how do they enforce the secret deals are cheating rule?  Are there a lot of accusations in the forums?  It seems like players could do it out-of-band and no one would know.

11. #11 / 11
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    WileECoyote wrote:

I'm fairly new to this site and am intrigued by the amount of private messages and secret deals that go on.. I play conquer club a lot and on that site secret deals definitely count as cheating.

I'm very curious - how do they enforce the secret deals are cheating rule?  Are there a lot of accusations in the forums?  It seems like players could do it out-of-band and no one would know.

you can post publicly in which case anything goes, or write on peoples "walls"  which is where the duplicity takes place..players can then delete their "walls" .... players  then rate and leave comments about other players at the end of each game.. So if you are too secretive and sneaky other players will find out by the fact that "walls" have been deleted or the dodgy messages still there and rate accordingly.. Personal ratings can plummet horribly as a result... Reckon "wargears" way is much more fun... 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)