0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member Hampus
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/458034

Watch at history 788. It is my turn, and if I go for the victory green can't stop both me and purple and has to decide who wins. I think there is no point in continuing the game because it is not about skill or luck anymore, it's about who green likes the best. Therefore I suggest to terminate the game. Since I get no reaction, I suppose they only read the messages when it's their turn, so I make sure that green can stop us both and we will have some time to discuss the situatiom. Purple doesn't care a bit about this and just plays on like nothing happened. Now I am in the situation that I decide who wins. What would you guys do? Ideally, the other players would agree to terminate. That doesn't seem to happen though. Since purple tries to benefit from the situation in a bit unsportsmanlike manner, I feel a bit like handing the victory to green instead...

2. #2 / 3
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hampus wrote:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/458034

Watch at history 788. It is my turn, and if I go for the victory green can't stop both me and purple and has to decide who wins. I think there is no point in continuing the game because it is not about skill or luck anymore, it's about who green likes the best. Therefore I suggest to terminate the game. Since I get no reaction, I suppose they only read the messages when it's their turn, so I make sure that green can stop us both and we will have some time to discuss the situatiom. Purple doesn't care a bit about this and just plays on like nothing happened. Now I am in the situation that I decide who wins. What would you guys do? Ideally, the other players would agree to terminate. That doesn't seem to happen though. Since purple tries to benefit from the situation in a bit unsportsmanlike manner, I feel a bit like handing the victory to green instead...

It is a flaw of the board, which I covered in my review.

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Dejeweled/Ratings

I recall playing a game where I ended up as God. The recipient of the loss was decidedly NOT happy with me, and I was not happy because it's a lose/lose proposition. 

Suffice it to say, I do not play this board any more, thought it might be ok with medium fog.

Here's a solution for you. Lose to the higher ranked player, thereby losing less GR.

OR if you're in the hunt, lose to the lower ranked player, thereby moving your point position marginally closer to the higher ranked player.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Sat 29th Aug 14:09 [history]

3. #3 / 3
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yep, it's a problem with the board, as M57 describes.

He's also right that there's a mathematically correct play for you, in the big-picture sense, even when any move you make loses you that game. Looking to the meta-game relieves you from having to make a 'moral' decision.

Been gone a while. You all did a good job holding down the fort.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)