177 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #1 / 44
    Standard Member UngaBunga
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I had an argument with RoyalCrown. Now he posts bad stuff on my profile page. I delete it but he re-posts it. I think this is unreasonable harassment. Is there any way to stop this behavior?

2. #2 / 44
    Standard Member RoyalCrown
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

To the readers of this thread, I am only posting true and factual statements about UngaBunga. If he is unable to have the truth posted on his wall I request that he makes me an enemy. 

Note: Nothing that I have posted is in anyway offensive.

Again, Simply make me an enemy and I will no longer post on your wall. It is my right to post my opinions on your style of play on your wall. Thank you.

Edited Tue 18th Aug 16:23 [history]

3. #3 / 44
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I don't think that's the way to avoid harassment. Harassment is what you are doing and shouldn't be allowed here. You gave me your opinions about me, that's all you are entitled to do. Also, I believe you are using a bot for re-posting after I delete the message.

4. #4 / 44
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I am not using a bot. CTRL-C/CTRL-V is a nice thing. Harassment is the incorrect word in this situation. I think the correct word is ashamed or defensive. You are ashamed that somebody is posting the truth on your wall, and getting defensive because it is true. I find that it is harassment to whine to the forums over something so trivial. 

"Waaa... he posted something mean on my wall..."

5. #5 / 44
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

No means no! I have told you to stop posting your message in my wall. You disregard that and keep on with your behavior. That's the definition of harassment. I already know your opinions about me, no need to keep on posting them over and over.

6. #6 / 44
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

The wall is not for you and you alone. The wall is for all users on the site. Also, not wanting me to post on your wall is one of the very reasons making somebody an enemy was created on this site. 

As I stated already, simply make me an enemy and you can avoid facing the truth if that is what you choose. 

If a doctor tells you to quit smoking and you keep telling him no, every time you have a doctor's appointment and he tells you the same "quit smoking" line, is he then harassing you? Your logic is flawed. That is all.

7. #7 / 44
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Royal, I think you are crossing the line here.

Your analogy doesn't hold up.  If the doctor kept putting  sign in the street outside my house that says BT won't quit smoking, and I kept taking it down, then yeah, that would be harassment.  That is what you are doing here.

UngaBunga might be a terrible person doing awful things to you -- in this case you would still be wrong.

8. #8 / 44
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I disagree, the users wall is not what you've defined as the house. The users wall is more of the public court house in the said city's downtown district. Meaning it is a public way to voice your opinion.

The analogy you have used here would only pertain to the private messaging services here, which would indeed be the "House" in your analogy.

9. #9 / 44
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Post it on your own wall if you feel strongly, but UngaBunga is just gonna keep hitting that "delete post" button. It's his wall, and he has the final say what gets to stay there because that is the way this site works.

And keep in mind, this might be a kid.

10. #10 / 44
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

It's funny that the two forum threads with unread posts for me just now was this one and "How old are we?"  As I skimmed the above I was thinking "Really?  How old are we?"

Aren't flame wars passe? Or am I just a crotchety almost old man?

Unga - talk to tom (the administrator of the site) and explain the situation.  Either PM him through the messages function (see the top right of your screen) or send an e-mail at [email protected]

11. #11 / 44
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I would be curious what the separation of private/public is in regards to a users wall. In my experience on this site, I have always used the wall as a way to determine whether or not I want to play with a certain player. If a player has a bunch of negative reviews I am going to avoid that player. That being said this is why I post "I recommend avoiding this player" on users walls. In my opinion, one shouldn't be able to delete user comments on a players wall. Maybe this should be a premium user privilege. 

12. #12 / 44
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RC, if you want to try and shame someone by harassing them on their wall, then why don't you just come out and say it in this thread what you think is so 'true' about this other player that you feel you should be continuously re-posting it on their wall.  When you post it on their wall you are mostly escaping having your thought ridiculed or justified, but here you'll either be met with vindication or criticism by the community.  This thread seems to exist because a player doesn't want to be harassed on HIS wall, which is a valid complaint.  Then the other player says his harassments are justifiable because they are 'true'... But then dodges the whole truth about them as if in his heart he really knows they are not true.

13. #13 / 44
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

As I have already stated what I posted was trivial and not offensive in any way. Berick, I think you have missed my argument or have a biased opinion. Again, I am not trying to harass or shame anyone. The walls TO ME are a way to determine whether or not I am playing with any said player. My previous post is what I typically post on players public viewing wall. I am confused where you think I am 'dodging' the truth.

Edited Wed 19th Aug 09:09 [history]

14. #14 / 44
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RoyalCrown wrote:

As I have already stated what I posted was trivial and not offensive in any way. Berick, I think you have missed my argument or have a biased opinion. Again, I am not trying to harass or shame anyone. The walls TO ME are a way to determine whether or not I am playing with any said player. My previous post is what I typically post on players public viewing wall. I am confused where you think I am 'dodging' the truth.

I'm not biased except that I definitely have a different perspective of what a wall is for.  If they were meant in the way you are intending then players would not have the option to delete, they do.  A wall is more a place to place positives, not negatives.  Their are mechanisms in place for negatives.  If cheating or horrendously abusive, then the report button is there at the bottom of every game.  If it's a matter of offensive games strategy, then the forums and the community can provide some feedback and iron out some of the nuances of game etiquette.

I'm actually less interested in your repeat post then in the issue that caused you to react that way in the first place.  How is anyone to make an informed decision if you keep skirting the issue by saying that "what I posted was trivial and not offensive", and pretty much just dodging the topic at hand.  If you think something that happened in game strategy required using his wall in that way, then, out with it, let the community judge the merits of the argument.  If it was something offensive, belittling or cheating, then hit the report button and report the offense to Tom.  Someone's wall is not the best avenue and if they delete what you post, re-posting IS harassment.

15. #15 / 44
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Again this is your opinion. Also I am still confused what you think I am dodging when I stated what I posted on UngaBunga's wall this morning earlier in the thread. 

16. #16 / 44
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think berickf is looking for you to exercise that CTRL-C/CTRL-V skill you mentioned earlier.

Word for word, what exactly did you post?

17. #17 / 44
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BTdubs wrote:

I think berickf is looking for you to exercise that CTRL-C/CTRL-V skill you mentioned earlier.

Word for word, what exactly did you post?

That and/or an explanation of what invigorated such a response if the CTRL-C/CTRL-V is too vague to determine what the core issue is.

18. #18 / 44
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

RoyalCrown wrote:

....... "I recommend avoiding this player" ..........

It was something along the lines of: "Player left messages in a game calling me a cheater. Due to these actions I recommend avoiding this player."

As I have stated, trivial.

19. #19 / 44
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Perhaps you meant this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/460350

In which you assert watching the history of fogged games is cheating, and UngaBunga subsequently complains that you have set the Fischer clock in some games to 30 seconds, which he feels is cheating.

20. #20 / 44
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

And then I subsequently posted a comment to all users of the site on UngaBunga's PUBLIC wall recommending that you avoid this player. 

Also note, if you don't want somebody to post on your wall, you simply make them an enemy. This is a feature for both standard and premium members. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)