0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 30
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Tom,

I'm sure you are aware of this because it looks pretty serious, but, there currently seems to be a problem with the 'join games' and 'tournament' section from my end.  I cannot see any tournaments nor games to join, nor am I able to access finished tournaments through my trophies, or anyone else's trophies, as all those seem to be gone too!  I can access live and finished games, however.

Thanks!

2. #2 / 30
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm having the same (or at least similar) issues. I tried clearing my cache to fix the prbolem though and now I can't see any of my games, live or finished. I'm afraid I may get skipped in one of more game if I can't get in and make my move

3. #3 / 30
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

My Games are UP and fine.

Tournaments DOWN

Join Game DOWN

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

4. #4 / 30
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

AfroDaby wrote:

I'm having the same (or at least similar) issues. I tried clearing my cache to fix the prbolem though and now I can't see any of my games, live or finished. I'm afraid I may get skipped in one of more game if I can't get in and make my move

This exact same thing happened to me.  I cleared my cache to see if it could be the problem and then all my games went too!

5. #5 / 30
    Standard Member keedy black
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Same. Games are up, just took a turn, but join games and tournaments are down.

6. #6 / 30
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yeah the open games counter says zero, and yet I am in a game that is open...

Edited Sat 8th Aug 08:48 [history]

7. #7 / 30
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I just logged in and had 5 turns but the notification said "2 turns".  I cleared cache and all my games went away.

8. #8 / 30
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

What berickf and AfroDaby did, I did to.  I have no live games now - and it was my turn in several, but cannot access them now.

I have to leave for pretty much the day soon - and I will get skipped, so using vacation.  Can I please get a vacation day back?

Edited Sat 8th Aug 09:35 [history]

9. #9 / 30
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Cona Chris wrote:

What berickf and AfroDaby did, I did to.  I have no live games now - and it was my turn in several, but cannot access them now.

I have to leave for pretty much the day soon - and I will get skipped, so using vacation.  Can I please get a vacation day back?

For those of you who have cleared your cache and lost visibility of your games, I figured out a way to get into turns that have come along SINCE you have cleared your cache.  Go to your ticker on your home page and then click 'Your Turn' at the top.  For games with active turns prior to clearing your cache, however, the best I can come up with is going to the browser history and opening up the page address that you visited when you took the turn previously...  But that is a very tiring way to go about things...

Otherwise, if someone has not cleared their cache and can still see their games and can see that someone is about to miss their turn, they could pm them a link!

Edited Sat 8th Aug 12:25 [history]

10. #10 / 30
    Premium Member Alexanderthegreat1
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I have several games where my opponent has gone past their allotted time and it didn't skip our boot them.  I hope these problems get fixed soon.

11. #11 / 30
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Whew, glad I looked here to see everybody is having same problem, my next step was going to be clearing the cache, but now I know not to. Thanks to you guys. Still able to play at this point.

12. #12 / 30
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I've been able to take turns through the Ticker. I second berickf's work-around.

Don't let the lust for power surpass the need for purpose.

13. #13 / 30
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

OK, I think I need to say something here about some things I have observed here lately just after the midnight hour, with the hope that it helps admin troubleshoot issues. If you look "activity/games started" you can see that shortly after midnight the only games started were those automatically generated by tournaments. So it seems whatever happened, it happened at that time. And that brings me to last Saturday night, shortly after midnight I was online here and the "tab indicator" showed one turn, when I went to the "My Games" page, it didn't  indicate that I had any turns. I went to each game and found that turn. Noticed that two players in my games had their turns skipped, even though they were on vacation, one player was in two regular games with his vacation set to Aug 2nd, the other in a tournament game, vacation was set to Aug 12. I decided this was odd and mentioned it in a PM to the regular games. This hiccup eventually caused a player to get booted from one game.

I kind of kept an eye on the forums to see if anyone might have complained, but didn't see anything so I kept it to myself. But now, after seeing this started at that same time, well, maybe there is s clue. If not, I DO respond to STFU. There weren't many of us online here on either occasion, so not much of an opportunity for people to notice. Ok, now it's time for me to go back to my status as a quiet, but observant newb.

14. #14 / 30
    Standard Member subotai
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Seeing the same behavior: can't search for new games to join, "Open Daily games" and "Open Realtime games" are both 0.

subotai

15. #15 / 30
    Standard Member subotai
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

subotai wrote:

Seeing the same behavior: can't search for new games to join, "Open Daily games" and "Open Realtime games" are both 0.

subotai

Did some testing and got some interesting results that may indicate a bug.

Background: I am not a premium member. Here is my profile: (http://www.wargear.net/players/info/subotai). I am actively playing in 6 Live games. I am in no currently active games where I have been eliminated. Doing a search for All of my games shows a total of 31 games.

Tested creating a new game. It fails and shows the following two messages.

You're already playing in 10 active games. To play more than this you must become a Premium Member. Click here to upgrade your account.

You already have 50 open games which is the maximum number permitted

subotai

16. #16 / 30
    Premium Member Big Skin
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I tried  berickf's ticker work-around and my ticker is just about empty.  I tried to start a new game through a round-a-about way and got this message "You already have 50 open games which is the maximum number permitted".  Not sure that is true (its possible) - but why cant I see any of them?

17. #17 / 30
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Curious to see if anyone can join this unstarted game I'm in: http://www.wargear.net/games/join/453176

18. #18 / 30
    Standard Member DB2015
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I get the same message as Big Skin "50 open games", even though I never have more than 3 at a time. . . 

19. #19 / 30
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yep, I see the same when I create a game, and I definitely have less than 10 active games and less than 50 open.  Whatever glitch is happening is likely affecting the game counter for everyone.

20. #20 / 30
    Standard Member keedy black
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

BDubs got in...

Edited Sat 8th Aug 21:15 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)