178 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 17
    Standard Member zdisabled_57d85874
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Well, folks, here you have it, straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/452995

Names and account info deleted by Moderator

I apologize profusely to those that I previously maligned by mistakenly and erroneously associating with this group.  With so many people in this group, spread across so many games, and without access to any IP investigative tools, it was hard to accurately determine everyone involved.

Note that I did not call them the "C" word, so as not to have my post deleted again.  Readers of this post and observers of their actions in future games with them can draw their own conclusions.

Edited Wed 5th Aug 11:36 [history]

2. #2 / 17
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

So are we (or more selfishly, am I) supposed to disclose all of my "personal" associations because I might play games with them?

Hell no. 

I'll wait to get input from other admins before dealing with this thread too..

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 17
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I beat this dude (donthurtme, not weathertop) in one real time WGWF game and he made me an enemy that moment (I was blocked from joining in a game one minute later). He is just a sore loser. Ignore this guy. 

Also, Weathertop is annoying skilled.

4. #4 / 17
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

WT - At a minimum, maybe the name list needs to get redacted.

DontHurtMe - I might be wrong, but your previous post was likely closed not because you used the word "cheaters" but because you were not following WG's standard procedures for how to request a cheating review (clicking the link on the bottom of any game page, and let website management, Tom, handle it privately).  Instead you were calling out individual players in a public forum.  This practice is not taken lightly on these boards, and I strongly suggest you reconsider doing so in the future.

As for this particular accusation - It might upset you to hear, but there's nothing wrong with that group, or any group of players, being friends outside of WG and still playing in public games together, as long as they aren't colluding prior to game start ("pre-arranged alliance").

Direct from the T&C of the site:

Playing with Friends / Family

Whilst we encourage you to play with your friends and family, you should not enter into Public games with friends or family with a pre-arranged alliance. This is to ensure that public games remain a fair place for all players to compete on an individual basis with other players. In other words you should treat your friends and family the same as any other player and not favor them in any way.

Unless you can prove that they have a pre-arranged alliance (which I don't doubt you can), then there's nothing wrong with them playing as they have.  Just because you are attacked on turn one by a player does not mean that that player is colluding with another player pre-game.

Longstanding members of this site have reviewed the games you've posted, and none of them have said anything looks out of the ordinary, so maybe this topic should get dropped.

Edited Tue 4th Aug 17:43 [history]

5. #5 / 17
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Not an admin but I think this should go too.  

The decision was made years ago that public debates about a particular player's cheating was detrimental to the site.

6. #6 / 17
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

For what it's worth, I'm in a heavy fog game with the accused and the accuser. I am reserving judgment until I can view the replay.  At present I would suggest the appropriate step is for donthurtme (if he ever plays in a game with people on this list) to send fellow players a message along the lines of "hey, the guys we are playing often coordinate -- if it looks to you like that is happening, I am up for an alliance."

other players will generally appreciate the heads up, and may make their own choices.

Personally I am hoping that this thread will lead everyone in my game to attack each other, rather than me. Could you do that for me, guys? That would be great, thanks.

7. #7 / 17
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Donthurtme likes to make enemies.

He's cussed at me and many others, "banned" me from playing any game that he creates just cause I was aiming for the same bonus he was going for, and he had previously broken a truce with me violating the terms that we had clearly spelled out.

I don't know if his accusations have any merit, I'm just saying, I don't trust him, and know several others who've experienced the same type of issues. This is one guy who's cried wolf too many times. 

8. #8 / 17
    Standard Member zdisabled_57d85874
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Please pardon my ignorance of WarGear's existing community standards.  There's quite a few posts in the forums here, and, admittedly, I haven't read many. My inflammatory statements have been knee-jerk in nature, perhaps ill-considered, and frequently emotionally driven.

That said, I can state without any doubt that in every case, every single game in which I have played any two members of this group, I have not only lost, there was no way that I could have won.  I would like to think that I am no slouch at this game, but in every game with them I was in a no-win situation.  And in many games since I first started ringing the alarm about this group with just one member of this group in the game, my game has been deliberately sabotaged, assassinated with no intent to win by the member responsible.

I would love to point out every specific game and every particular maneuver, gross and subtle, to support my claims, but I am old and don't have the heart or energy to compose that much research anymore.  I have tried to convince Tom, though not with verbose detail, but my failure leads me to believe that no volume of data would be sufficient.  I simply don't have the right words to be persuasive, regardless what the facts are.

I will say no more in any forum or game about this group or issue.

9. #9 / 17
    Standard Member keedy black
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'd ask for this thread to be taken down but I love all the strangers coming in and verifying donthurtme as the boy who cried wolf. 

xrayjay - It's hard to ignore when he makes 2 forum topics, surrenders a game after one round because of he convinced himself the board is against him, and many other harassing messages to people across games. 

donthurtme - I'll believe it when I see it.

10. #10 / 17
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

donthurtme, I suggest you only play games with this guy: http://www.wargear.net/players/info/A-TEAM

He apparently has really bad dice. Maybe you could be bffs?

11. #11 / 17
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

donthurtme, I suggest you only play games with this guy: http://www.wargear.net/players/info/A-TEAM

He apparently has really bad dice. Maybe you could be bffs?

This made me lol =)

12. #12 / 17
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Too many of these types of threads like this lately.  Reminds me of an interesting article:

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2015/07/22/gaming-harassment-comes-from-losers-official/

I wonder if there is any correlation with people starting flame wars that spill into the forums... 

13. #13 / 17
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Winning and being nice to women = Your a champ: chance to get laid

Losing and being nice to women = Not a champ: little chance to get laid

Losing and being a jerk to women = Total Duche: No chance to get laid: made self feel like a champ

It's a Sad, sad situation. 

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

14. #14 / 17
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

glad i got rid of the 'tacit douche' tagline from my profile!!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #15 / 17
    Standard Member DOitFORtheSTORY
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

DELETED FOR INFLAMMATORY CONTENT

Edited Wed 5th Aug 15:01 [history]

16. #16 / 17
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

DOitFORtheSTORY wrote:

DELETED FOR INFLAMMATORY CONTENT

Are you talking about Peter Mark Roget? ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Mark_Roget )

Edited Wed 5th Aug 15:03 [history]

17. #17 / 17
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This player has been banned - see http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4204/donthurtme

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)