212 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member A-TEAM
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Here's an example of some of the great talent and a friendly honest player on this site: game 455516

Absolutely I can resign... I have never played this person before and, well... I am sure i deserve it.

2. #2 / 10
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That loss, in my opinion, was not your fault. The turning point for you was at the very beginning with territory placement. Your luck was also TERRIBLE in that game (see image). So again, not anything you did wrong. That's what a lot of people were saying in your other thread. 2 player WW is all too often decided before the first turn is even taken.

3. #3 / 10
    Standard Member A-TEAM
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

not complaining about the loss, not complaining at all. Just pointing out some of the good no agenda players on the site, who happen to be drawn to me.

4. #4 / 10
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Well my image didn't work for some reason, but suffice to say your luck was horrendous.

5. #5 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

@A, I'm not sure where you're coming from.. Unless there is hidden private messaging.  You start with..

"I have 0 respect for cheaters," a tautology for most of us, but to say it out of the blue suggests that you were accusing your opponent of cheating.  Or is that your version of trash talk? At best you are goading him.  So, assuming it's the former, where is your evidence?  His good luck? Your bad luck? (they happen to be the same thing.)

So he's taking his time beating you (because you were goading him? ..or did you say that after he started taking his time?).  Not great form, but it's a 2 player game - you should simply resign. Actually in two-player games - resigning is acceptable and even good form. It is considerate of your opponent's skill and respectful of his time. There is no reason to drag out a game where the outcome is known.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

6. #6 / 10
    Standard Member A-TEAM
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

... so i egged him on. i was disrespectful not to surrender, and as I said initially i deserved the delayed prolong play.

...57, I am not coming from anywhere. I am just aware of myself. I chose to point it out to the community in an effort to be corrected, humiliated and rebuked. It's all me. thx for your wise insight.

7. #7 / 10
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I never said it is disrespectful NOT to surrender.  The site use to count surrenders as if they were a bad thing at one time, so many people still do not do it and play right to the end.  Nothing wrong with that.  I merely suggested that it is considerate of your opponent to surrender.

There's also nothing wrong with a little trash talk. Though when you accuse someone that you have no rapport with of cheating, you can see why they might take it the wrong way, right?  That's why I'm a little confused about your post in the first place.  Did you actually think he might be cheating?

Edited Mon 27th Jul 19:19 [history]

8. #8 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

AfroDaby wrote:

That loss, in my opinion, was not your fault. The turning point for you was at the very beginning with territory placement. Your luck was also TERRIBLE in that game (see image). So again, not anything you did wrong. That's what a lot of people were saying in your other thread. 2 player WW is all too often decided before the first turn is even taken.

True, but I think putting 4 units on Peru and attacking Argentina and then fortifying to Brazil would have been a better first move.  He's still behind since purple got Australia on turn 1, but since Mexico is neutral he was fairly well set-up in SA.

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/455516

9. #9 / 10
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

He didn't stand much of a chance given how quickly his opp took Australia - He was going to be up against that bonus the entire game.

Edited Mon 27th Jul 21:10 [history]

10. #10 / 10
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    AfroDaby wrote:

True, but I think putting 4 units on Peru and attacking Argentina and then fortifying to Brazil would have been a better first move.  He's still behind since purple got Australia on turn 1, but since Mexico is neutral he was fairly well set-up in SA.

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/455516

+1, Initial unit placement was not horrible. Having to go 2nd put you at as much of a disadvantage as it usually does. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)