179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 36
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

"Flaming Moe's" episode of The Simpsons. Moe steals a recipe from Homer for a secret alcoholic cocktail involving cough syrup and fire. It becomes a huge hit at Moe's Tavern. As usual, Bart pranks Moe's Tavern. He asks for "Hugh Jass". Instead of Moe looking like a fool this time, there actually is a "Hugh Jass" in the crowd who answers the phone. My picture is Hugh Jass talking on the phone to Bart.

My real name is Hugh. I sometimes act like a Hugh Jass, though, I do not physically have such a thing. Other variations on this joke involve the last names "Rection", "Kelele", and "Bris".

2. #22 / 36
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Semi-sequitor: Whenever the Red Sox (all home games) are carried by the local station (NESN), a company called "Giant Glass" often has advertisements behind home plate. When watching the camera angle from behind the pitcher, the word Giant is to the left of the HP umpire, and the word Glass to the right. You see where I'm going with this, right?

I don't know about other fans, but for me it's a drinking game. Whenever there's a visiting right-handed batter in the box and he's standing such that he covers the letters GL..  You point at him and scream "GIANT ASS!" ..and drink up. It doesn't happen that often because there are a number of advertisers, but when it does, it usually happens two or three times during the same at bat.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Thu 9th Jul 13:51 [history]

3. #23 / 36
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

lol

4. #24 / 36
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    Abishai wrote:

Great topic! My profile pic is cover art from ES Posthumus' single Unstoppable.  I found ES Posthumus in college and decided that it was great music to study to, although that particular single is a little too climatic. The cover art itself is David holding Goliath's head after he had struck him down and decapitated him with his own sword. When thinking of a profile pic I immediately thought of that picture as being a BA choice.

I always just thought you were a fan of Caravaggio.

No I'm not that fancy. 

5. #25 / 36
    Standard Member Candy Cane
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Mine...

now means very little.

6. #26 / 36
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Abishai wrote:

Ratsy, I always thought that was a cat with its head angled down.

+1  I see the squirrel now...

7. #27 / 36
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have a beard.

8. #28 / 36
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Candy Cane wrote:

Mine...

now means very little.

Not when you're #15 on Tourney Rating....the name becomes more imposing than you may think

9. #29 / 36
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:
    Abishai wrote:

Ratsy, I always thought that was a cat with its head angled down.

+1  I see the squirrel now...

I sometimes see a cat looking down, and sometimes a squirrel, so I guess I have about average perception

10. #30 / 36
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Semi-sequitor: Whenever the Red Sox (all home games) are carried by the local station (NESN), a company called "Giant Glass" often has advertisements behind home plate. When watching the camera angle from behind the pitcher, the word Giant is to the left of the HP umpire, and the word Glass to the right. You see where I'm going with this, right?

I don't know about other fans, but for me it's a drinking game. Whenever there's a visiting right-handed batter in the box and he's standing such that he covers the letters GL..  You point at him and scream "GIANT ASS!" ..and drink up. It doesn't happen that often because there are a number of advertisers, but when it does, it usually happens two or three times during the same at bat.

I, too, suffer through the Red Sox games almost daily.  My friends and I have  laughed about "GIANT ASS" too!  Never thought about drinking to it...genius!  Cheers.

Card Carrying member of the "Majority Order of the Bell Curve".

11. #31 / 36
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Chele Nica wrote:
    Candy Cane wrote:

Mine...

now means very little.

Not when you're #15 on Tourney Rating....the name becomes more imposing than you may think

Pretty sure Candy Cane was referring to the recent supreme court decision:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obergefell_v._Hodges

12. #32 / 36
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hugh wrote:

"Flaming Moe's" episode of The Simpsons. Moe steals a recipe from Homer for a secret alcoholic cocktail involving cough syrup and fire. It becomes a huge hit at Moe's Tavern. As usual, Bart pranks Moe's Tavern. He asks for "Hugh Jass". Instead of Moe looking like a fool this time, there actually is a "Hugh Jass" in the crowd who answers the phone. My picture is Hugh Jass talking on the phone to Bart.

My real name is Hugh. I sometimes act like a Hugh Jass, though, I do not physically have such a thing. Other variations on this joke involve the last names "Rection", "Kelele", and "Bris".

You wouldn't happen to have commented on a youtube video of Conor McGregor would you? Saw someone comment by the name of Hugh Jass with that same profile pic.

13. #33 / 36
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

No, that's not me. Quite a few here recognized the profile; it's not an entirely obscure reference. I can imagine someone not named Hugh using it for fun :)

14. #34 / 36
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Mine is a play off of the Vitruvian Man drawing by da Vinci, but with The Dude (Big Lebowski) replacing the man.  I'm a huge fan of the movie....and also happen to regularly consume a gallon or two of Caucasians in an evening.

Abishai - Thanks for ES Posthumus.  Been listening to them most of the afternoon during work.  Very good.

Ratsy - I've only ever been able to see the cat (until you mentioned it here) and thought the name was a play off cats chasing rats....

WT - As a fan of StarWars, I don't recognize the image.  For some reason I've always assumed it was something to do with the Predator....

15. #35 / 36
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

WT - As a fan of StarWars, I don't recognize the image.  For some reason I've always assumed it was something to do with the Predator....

it can be seen in it's original form here:

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

16. #36 / 36
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

Abishai - Thanks for ES Posthumus.  Been listening to them most of the afternoon during work.  Very good.

Glad to hear you are benefiting from them. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)